Vanilla Diablo3 difficulty balance (Torment VI)

Hello Blizzard,

This is just a small suggestion for likely a very, very small demographic but hopefully you could consider this request if it doesn’t require much development effort from your end.

I am a Diablo3 vanilla player (without ROS expansion) on PC, I have returned to the game after few years and enjoying running the campaign again and gearing my characters with the legendary items and sets that are available up to level 60 - however I couldn’t help but notice the lack of balance for the base game, especially once you start farming some of the level 60 class sets, or even just a single legendary piece can potential provide such big multipliers to your main damage skill that will make Torment VI (highest difficulty available) incredibly easy.

Now I understand the balance changes likely do not consider the base game much and I don’t expect any balance changes specifically for vanilla diablo either. However, I would like to suggest to make Torment VII to Torment X available to the base game as what I believe could be an easy solution to the problem - considering the power level of current 1-60 level legendary items was not meant for Torment VI most likely.

The incentive for players to buy ROS should still be there for players needing access to the remaining Torment levels (as well as every other expansion feature) but at the same time the few players like myself that might not have the indention to upgrade but still like to join the game once in a while and push for a higher difficulty in campaign mode would benefit greatly.

Thank you

The RoS expansion is on sale right now (50% off):

Buy it and be entertained for years :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The devs long ago made a decision to focus on balancing the game to RoS content. They have very limited resources and with D4 release and D3 effectively going fully maintenance mode after S29 those resources are reduced even further. The base D3 is basically abandoned.

Also without RoS the game is missing more than half of its actual content. The base campaign is very, very unrewarding, there is no endgame, etc. I’ll second Jazz’ suggestion and just buy RoS while it’s on sale.

3 Likes

And I’ll third Jazz, although i did actually enjoy the base campaign. I got to learn so much about the characters and the story.

I am a nerd

:exploding_head:

1 Like