Whats with that toxic community?

Iam not sure if I misunderstood unofficial community rules or customs.

But there were 2 frustrating public bounty runs I was on this season.

1. I was doing the bounty quest when I was facing a goblin party. So I partychat “Goblinparty gogo”. One other guy was interested but he teleported in too late so he said something like “You trolling, telling us after you kill the goblins?” - Then I was kicked.

(I thought, wtf for what? - For my defense, I thought the loot will drop anyway. So my bad but I still was frustrated cause I got kicked immediatly [Its like the second season I play])

1. Again I was doing the bounty quests. Somehow I got the invite to kill “Greed”. I thought “Wtf why is noone even telling in chat?”. So I complaint and tried to votekick that guy, what happend ? They votekicked me…

…sooooo can anyone tell me what is wrong now and what is right? Telling people about goblins/vault or not telling? Im a bit confused ?

Whenever there is a boss fight in a bounty quest the game automatically sends out a notification to all players, and you can’t enter the fight before everybody has accepted or declined the fight. Usually the other players should decline the invitation… as fast as possible in order not to slow down the game.

And yes, if you think that other players would like to participate in goblin kills then don’t attack before everybody is ready. If nobody answers or seems to care then just go ahead on your own.

This would be easier if the game client for PC supported voice chat…I know a lot of people use discord to work around it. It makes it easier to communicate that very old methods of text communication in game. Note: the console versions of the game support in game voice chat out of the box.

The Battlenet launcher on PC has it’s own voice-comms, so you can chat to anyone in any Blizzard game, not just Diablo III.

Ah! Well, that’s good then. If I do play in a group, I always chat, but hey, I’m a gasbag. I’m more interested in chatting than playing usually.

Ah, I see you’ve found the joys of farming bounties.

I usually make it a rule to ignore all goblins/vaults etc while doing bounties and just focus on getting my bounties done instead. Try not to talk to people and just keep a watchful eye on the others to make sure you don’t get any leechers.

Bounties just set you up for toxicity.

One must question if that toxicity is simply present in all group play, which I suspect is the case. Group play should be about being social, not getting a benefit from playing in a group in terms of efficiency. This is where D3 has went wrong with group play imho.

I haven’t encountered a single “”""""“toxic”"""""" party since game’s release. I’d like to add that people have no problem if I ask to leech or if I warn them I have leeching friend. Everyone seems to be cool. Also, it is generally accepted to ignore everything while doing bounties, except maybe for manager goblin and gob shrine.

Well, if you and your leeching friend join a public group, there’s no way for the other two players to kick your leeching friend, as you’d say no to the vote. That leaves them with just two options, i.e. to carry your friend or to leave the group. I’m genuinely surprised that you don’t get a negative reaction more often in response to expecting strangers to accept your friend contributing absolutely nothing to the goal of the party.

3 Likes

There is two solution’s for this, Blizzard need to add the same function like there is on boss fights, so if anybody wanna go to a vault / cow level portal what ever, all palyers in the party have to accept or decline, then they need to make goblin shrines not clickable before all players are on the same map.

If I am running split bounties in public and there is a blue goblin, a goblin shrine or a rainbow goblin, I kill it. I am there for bounty mats not for having party game. If you want to hunt goblins, feel free to do it with your friends in private or ask before how to handle it, but most times all will do their bounties and will not react for any goblin call in chat.
Have not got kicked for doing my way, maybe when season started fresh it is different when everyone needs mats or gold, but later in season, it is simple do your bounties each player alone in each act and at last 5th act together so long splitted as possible.