Why did I go from half way through a nepahlem rift when i logged out to not able to do rifts?

I was half way through a nephalem rift with my lvl 43 demon hunter. in what’s been a bounties and adventure game from level 1 Had to log out to walk the dog. When I log back in now I’m back at Bastion keep, the only bases I’'m allowed to go to are bastion keep or sanctuary. . No enchantress or scoundrel followers available any more (templar styill seems to be thre). What happened and is there any way to fix it?

You switched from one game mode to another. From Adventure to Campaign. You can pick mode from the start screen. You press the “game settings” tab below the “start game” tab.

I didn’t though. Not with that character. He was always on adventure mode from level 1. My other three characters are on campaign mode. It turns out I can still do nephalem rifts, but i’ thought i was able to go between more maps than Sanctuary and Act IV in Adventure mode?

In Adventure mode you can go to all five acts and their “base camps” and also all the destinations on each map, bounties and such. The bases are Tristram in act 1, the hidden in act 2, act 3 and 4 share Bastion’s keep and Survivor’s enclave in act 5.
One way is to press “m” or go to the teleport spot. In any map you can right click and choose another camp or location.

Perhaps a short tutorial on movement between Acts would be helpful – there is no “Sanctuary” base… Sanctuary is the name of the world… the game equivalent of Earth.

Starting in Bastion’s Keep Stronghold (in Adventure mode) – click on the individual screenshots below to open them:

When you hit the M key, you get a map of the entire act… it shows your location as well as the location of the available bounties. As you complete the bounties, the exclamation mark is replaced by a check mark. In the map below, I haven’t completed any of the bounties, so it shows 5 exclamation marks.

At the top, you see which act you’re in as well as a “Map Level”; if you click on the - , the map zooms out and you see the entire Sanctuary with the 5 acts displayed:

If you click on one of the Act… let say Act II, it opens the map for that Act with its available bounties. Because you aren’t on that Act yet, you don’t show up on the map:

If you click on one of the available waypoints (Hidden Camp, let’s say)… you get transported there:

Best of luck in your games !

1 Like

When you are in Bastion’s Keep Stronghold, the Enchantress and Scoundrel are located near the Healer and the Quatermaster… see minimap below:

Travel to the right and down from the waypoint to find them:

2 Likes

Thanks Boubou, I did find them there

1 Like