Why new patch only update the set items

I am sick of farming again and again for the new items every time they make a new patch. Thank you Blizzard but why not update the existing items as well like you updated the set items. I have a lot of useful primal gears and now I have to farm all over again and eating up all my crafting mat and soul. Such a shame to waste all my primal and it is already hard to come by and now they are all outdated? So freaking annoying and disappointed.

The new fist weapon “Vengeful Wind”, I have been re rolling for the ancient version for over 5000 souls and still no bloody luck and I am really tired of it. The only positive side in this patch is the new set for monk and crusader. Justice set seems to work well and better than Raiment or Uliana set. Only farming it again due to my OCD, not because I enjoy the game.

This random is also a pain. You get what you don’t want a lot of the time and what you need, you don’t get. There are a lot of useless legendary items and why not make only a few but useful. Why make so many items that nobody ever going to use. More items mean more random. If you have 1000 items in total, it has to narrow down to your class related and then what items going to be and quality of stat which mean less chance of getting anything useful to you.

Also did anyone notice that drops twice on the same item? In GR 60% chance to upgrade gem, I failed all 5. How is that possible? I get that 40% chance of failing but all 5? That’s 100% failed. Your random code suck Blizzard. After the new patch, DB drops improved but lack of crafting mats. Yellow only give 1, Blue give 2. Only white gives like 5. So I have to keep on picking up white and use the cube to re-roll all the time. I find that I am always low on crafting mats but 1000+ of DB.

I am sorry that I sound like complaining but it really is annoying. Which is why I move on to SC2 since there is no random crap and all down to your management skill. You know exactly what you are getting at if you put your efforts. D3, you can put all the efforts but you will never know when you are going to get your rewards. Nothing is certain and it is basically a chore. Game shouldn’t feel like a chore and players should get decent reward for their effort and feel exciting and fun. I don’t get those feeling from D3 which is very disappointing.

When they make changes to legendary items the new legendary affix (or affixes) usually comes with a range (like 100-150% damage to a skill) so what value should be assigned retroactively to the items some players might already have? There are probably also strategic reasons from the developers’ perspective behind it.

About gem upgrades: do yourself a favor and write down the results of a series of upgrades. If you check fifty or hundred tries at 60% I’m quite sure that you’ll find that the figure is quite accurate.

I believe you’re wrong about arcane dust and reusable parts. Salvaging blues can give up to four dusts and whites up to nine parts.

1 Like

Update, you are sort of correct. Blue can be up to 4 and White can be up to 10. Again random. Speaking of random, that’s not how random should work. It should be percentage of that round. E.g. 5 times to upgrade gems at 60%, only maximum 2 allow to fail. If it is 80-90% chance, then only once allow to fail. Sometime, it fails even up to 4 times at 90% which is ridiculous. We are not talking about your life time of gem upgrade. It is very bad coding from Blizzard.

In the coding, it is very simple, change the parameter/value in the variable from 100 to 150. They can easily implement this in the same way that they can update our existing set items in the regular legendary items. They didn’t want to make our life easy intentionally. Their strategic reason is to make people grind and keep on playing/farming but the danger is people like me, fed up with farming over and over, doing GR after GR to crush more useless souls. 50 souls per reforge is like 5-6 GR runs for about 2-3 mins at 80-90 which doesn’t sound a lot but it adds up to hours easily since random is not on your side.

I finally manage to get the fist weapon that I wanted and luckily it rolls to primal but I have been playing today for nearly 5 hours just to get one ancient item. This is not just today. I have been playing like this for the past a few days as well. If I work out the hours for this stupid new weapon, this is like at least 40 hours for this and I am experience player and I know what I am doing.

Sometime, I get lucky and get what I needed in a couple of days of farming but if I am not so lucky, that could take weeks. I am a working professional with family and I don’t have the luxury of farming for hours like this. The biggest problem with D3 is all about itemisation, too many of them and random just don’t work. How many of you actually use some of the legendary items? Anyone use Black throne set? I am sure that you see my point.

Chance for all of X upgrades to fail = (0.4)^X
Chance for all of 1 upgrades to fail = (0.4)^1 = 0.4
Chance for all of 2 upgrades to fail = (0.4)^2 = 0.16
Chance for all of 3 upgrades to fail = (0.4)^3 = 0.064
Chance for all of 4 upgrades to fail = (0.4)^4 = 0.0256
Chance for all of 5 upgrades to fail = (0.4)^5 = 0.01024

So, just over 1% of people would get that result.
Unlucky? Yes.
Broken? No.

As for whether it’s actually 60% or not, that was settled years ago…

1 Like

Blizzard stated over a year ago, that Diablo III is officially in maintenance mode. The fact that the game is still getting updates at all, is really quite impressive.