Wrong dps stats on my liming wizard

according to my stats when i open inventory i deal a bit over 10.000 damage which i thought sounded weirdly low, even though it had been ages since i played on that character, then i go out and i find out that my disintegration spell and other spells easily deals between 50.000 to 140.000 damage per hit and not those meager 10.000 but i cannot track this ‘‘spell damage’’ anywhere in my stats, anyone know why?

Yes.

It’s because your sheet damage doesn’t factor in damage multipliers, e.g. from a legendary item that might vastly increase the damage of a particular skill / ability, general multipliers, e.g. Compass Rose + Traveller’s Pledge, and set bonuses, e.g. a 6-piece giving a 10,000% increase to damage, elemental damage, e.g. 20% elemental damage on bracers and/or amulet, and so on.

That’s why your hero’s actual damage is way more important than your sheet damage. If you want a better idea of what damage your hero’s actually going to do, import them into this…

https://maxroll.gg/d3planner

…and then have a look at the Skills/Effects tab, which will show how much damage your abilities will actually be doing.

As for your Wizard - Sjaritha - she has the Starfire wand equipped, which does this…

Lightning damage is increased by 12% for every 10 yards you are from the target up to a maximum of 40 yards.

Your wizard is using the Archon ability, runed with Pure Power, which turns all of your Archon abilities into Lightning.

This means your wand, combined with Archon, will be doing 12% more damage for every 10 yards away the mobs are. So, at 40 yards (and above) mobs will be taking 48% more damage. Archon itself gives you an immediate 30% damage buff, with an extra 6% per enemy killed whilst in Archon form.

So, let’s take your base 10,000 sheet damage.
40 yards takes that to (10,000 * 1.48) = 14,800
Archon takes that to (14,800 * 1.3) = 19,240
Add in 10 kills and that’s (19,240 * 10 * 1.06) = 203,944

3 Likes