Yellow/Red repair man icon

Hey guys, I googled this, but couldn’t find anything specific on it. How many deaths would it take to trigger the Yellow repair icon, and then, of course, the Red repair icon?

Just was doing a push with my DH and had over 10 deaths (really bad elites and not so great mobs). I was too busy actually playing the game to count the number of deaths, but it was over 10.

If you pay attention, a message tells you that your gears lose 10% durability as a penalty when you die. Your gears also lose durability in normal use. So, it must be 10 or less to turn RED.
I don’t count how many to turn YELLOW, but I think around 7 or 8 deaths.

If you get YELLOW very often, you must be too glassy or the difficulty is too high for you.

My UE DH (with below average gears) can complete GR100 without dying once.

Can’t view your profile, so I can’t give you any advice.

yes, I read the 10%, but that would mean 100%, 91%, 82%, 74%, 67%, 61%, 56%, 51%, and so on and so forth…it would be significantly more than 7 or 8 deaths to hit the Red icon. I’m positive that I died more than 8 times (3 deaths at the start of the GR alone!).

I’m running impale s6 DH, ps4 console, hence no profile on here (profile website has been down for me for 2 weeks anyway).

I’m p1300, pushing on a GR121 - did a GR120 with 1 death in 13:02. Not having an issue with generating NG (console works differently to the PC version of the game with regards to the NG mechanic), I just keep dying, and when you die on console, you lose NG streak and go back to half dmg. NG gives you the same dmg as the PC version of the game btw. So, it’s a double whammy on console - half dmg and loss of time from death on top of it.

I note that the EW set only gives DR if you walk, and I typically vault from pack to pack, so I presume my DR from EW set is probably 0% and that’s why I’m so glassy.

Still, I am only p1300 and that alone would probably make it very difficult to push a GR121 due to lack of dexterity from paragon and toughness/recovery from said dexterity/paragon bonus.

I wonder if the other top console DHs (currently ranked 26th on the PS4 solo SC LBs) walk around a bit before engaging an elite pack to get toughness/DR up before wading into the mix melee wise.

The 2.6.x impale/shadow set buffs really screwed me over big time and heavily favoured group players even more than the pre 2.6 patch. They can reduce some of the dmg by having much higher paragon than me. note: have cleared a 123 GR with my NS SC char with p2270 - that’d be good enough for top 10 in s18 at this point of time.

I’m a solo player, and one shouldn’t have to group up to get godly like paragon for solo pushes. Solo should be solo. If only Blizzard would pull the finger out and introduce SSF LBs - that’d sort the men from the boys.

edit: I am getting One shotted by trash, triggering awareness and then One shotted for death on a frequent basis - I can’t dodge it cos it’s a One shot kill from mobs. I die far more from mobs than I do elites/champs/RGs btw.

If you want to know how 10% is multiplicative or additive, you can test it yourself. I’m not interested to find it out.

You mentioned EW only. Still no idea what other skills/items you are using. In general, shadow relies on Elusive ring, Vengeance (Dark Heart), and Numbing Traps passive for DR.

I’m no shadow expert. Others may give you better advice.

Let me know if you find out, Blizzard and percentage is a mathematic game itself.

Each time you die, items lose 10% of their maximum durability, not 10% of their current durability.

On PC you can check the current status of the Endless Walk buffs… the number go up and down as you move and stand still. Haven’t played impale for a while but it’s important to have some life on kill on secondary stats because it synergizes with Shadow Power etc. It can also be important to vault through elites from time when attacking them if you’re taking too much damage from them. But you probably know that already if you’re doing these 120 GRs.

maskedraider: I’m playing a standard impale s6 build (console version is identical to PC version in terms of gear/skills etc), so elusive, vengeance and numbing traps passive are all used by myself.

MB - I haven’t fired up the game today, will test the durability on death (full durability and deliberately die, counting the number of deaths until I get Yellow & Red repair man icon)

Jazz - yeah you can too, but the icons are much smaller than the PC version of the game and it is very difficult to read them for me (I need reading glasses for reading, but do not need glasses to play the game itself). I use strongarms and rattling rune on vault for extra dmg and stun of course. It’s a core part of the build.