Ball Lightning needs a rework

First of all, let’s talk about how intuitive the damage tooltip is when you take the enhanced BL passive… or rather how it is not. The damage appears to drop, whereas everything from logical standpoint points towards it dealing the same damage, but faster (based off your extra attack speed). Meanwhile, it just hits faster, but your damage is also reduced by the extra attack speed. Brilliant design.

And finally… who on Blizzard had the brilliant idea to make the orbiting BL just disappear on contact with any walls or immune objectives (like shielded elites during events, or funnier yet: caged ghosts before wandering death)? The skill is expensive to cast, and having it just poof out of existence on contact with any wall is absolutely dumb.
You could have easily coded it to move closer to the caster instead of just disappearing when you’re in a tight corridor or next to walls. Instead, we now have to kite elites away from walls to actually use it. It’s so immersive and fun, I tell ya!

Was there any forethought put into any sorc skills except ice shards and blizzard?

comments are superfluous, blizzard has not tested the sorc game and is apparently not going to fix something

Sorcerer is certainly in a bad state overall. It surprised me how many things just aren’t working or is pure garbage, and there’s so little things that just makes the gameplay rather annoying.

The orbiting Ball Lightning disappearing is getting me. Gosh it’s bothersome in tight quarters, and if it also disappears on certain mechanics for mobs … ugh

Make orbiting Ball Lightning ignore collision detection, like now please :slight_smile:

I dont know why this skill is in the tree. This skill is more useless then the mage itself.

It’s a bit undertuned but it can be alright. I’m running a orbit builds that’s a lot of fun and I know it can work at 100 too.
I agree with “mage” being in a tad of a bad stage though :sweat_smile:

Problem of ball lightning is not damage or damage tick rate, its the AOE range IMO.
If ball lighting AOE range would be like 200-300% larger it wouldnt suck so much.
Gravitational aspect should then ofcourse make the AOE smaller again but do slightly more damage (latter will be in 1.1.1)
The only moment I see ball lightning do some decent damage is when I use the enchant (Static ball lightning), and the ball is right on top of a stunned enemy.

1 Like

In my opinion the main problem with sorc is that is intended as a melee class. Most of the builds, specially lightning builds, are melee/short ranged. I miss more lightning AOE skills that can be casted from distance. If I wanted a melee class I’d play barbarian or rogue.

I’m a fan of lightning builds, but most of the lightning builds are melee or can’t be used in endgame. I miss a lightning storm, a thunder, a lightning pool, comets, etc.

Apart from that. Vulnerable is still mandatory, so Stun cannot compare to the previous: we still need Frost Nova in every possible endgame build.

There are many other things that should be reworked like

• resistances should be fixed,
  • Deep Freeze Ultimate skill should be changed (you lose control of your character and when it ends you could be on a venom or fire pool with not much time to react.
  • conjuration skills are really bad, specially lightning spear (it spends more time orbiting than doing damage).
  • crackling energy is melee and cannot be used in endgame.
  • ball lightning (vanilla skill, not orbiting) is useless in endgame. because of the little damage it does and it get lost in the distance with no ore implications that a few soft hits in its journey.
1 Like

@Blizzard: Don’t touch my BL sorc. She is fine as she is :smiley: