[BUG] Hellfire Torch appears bugged on Warlock

I’m running a Blazing Scream Warlock using Seal of the Diamond Mind with Flesh of Abaddon charms.

My Hellfire Torch rolled:

  • +13% All Stats
  • +14% All Resistance
  • +1 All Skills
  • Can equip 1 more Unique Charm
  • +1 Set count to Fulcrum of Mefis

The problem is that the set-count effect does not appear to contribute to Flesh of Abaddon.

With Diamond Mind, the whole point should be that the Torch can effectively replace one physical set charm by supplying +1 set count. In practice, if I remove one Abaddon charm and rely on the Torch for the missing count, the Abaddon set bonus does not stay active.

So instead of being able to run something like:

3 physical Abaddon charms + Hellfire Torch + Diamond Mind

and still receive the full reduced Abaddon set requirement, I have to keep 4 physical Abaddon charms equipped to maintain the bonus.

That significantly reduces the value of the Torch, because one of its main advertised effects is supposed to be freeing up charm space while still contributing to a set.

There also seems to be a naming inconsistency here. The Torch says Fulcrum of Mefis, while the Warlock build is using Flesh of Abaddon, so either:

  • the Torch is rolling the wrong Warlock set name,
  • the internal set mapping is incorrect,
  • or the +1 set-count effect is simply failing to register.

Expected behaviour:
Equipping the Torch should visibly add +1 to the appropriate Warlock set count and allow one fewer physical set charm while preserving the set bonus.

Actual behaviour:
The set counter does not appear to increase for Abaddon, so removing a physical Abaddon charm causes the set bonus to drop.

This is being tested with normal item equipping only — no seal swapping, snapshotting, or other exploit/equip-order tricks.

The Torch still gives its normal stats, but the set-count portion appears broken, which makes it much weaker than intended for this setup.

When the Hellfire Torch clearly says +1 to Fulcrum, why on earth would i add +1 to Abaddon in your build? Your torch rolled a different set than the one you are using, its that simple. Gather 3 more splinters, and try again. There is no guarantee that the torch you get is gonna match the set you use. There is no bug here, everything is working as intended.

1 Like

Yep, you’re right. I misunderstood the Torch mechanic and assumed the +1 should correspond to the set I was running. I’ve checked it again and the set roll is random, so this Torch simply rolled Mefis rather than Abaddon. Thanks for the correction — back to Tristram I go. :sweat_smile:

1 Like