Butcher, just why? (Whine)

First season i played a barb and had zero problems with butcher.
second season i played a sorc and didnt kill him once.
third season im playing a ranged rogue and havent killed hime once and its even worse now because you cant just leave the vault nightmare dungeon to depsawn him because you will lose your pearls…!?

why is butcher so hard vs ranged? why is he harder then all the summoning bosses combined? why is he harder then world bosses? and why is he only this hard for ranged classes? why the inequality and unfairness?

why does he event exist in the game with such a crappy loot table? and why isent his level capped at 100 so you can push nightmare dungeons in peace?

i know this is maybe a l2p issue, but im really tired of him appearing when pushing nightmare dungeons and wasting so much time on kiting him around, just to run out of potions or die.

so please. cap him at lvl 100 like duriel wich drops a million times better loot anyways? im sorry i just cant see the point other then you want ppl to talk about him and thats it.

1 Like

They made the butcher even stronger seasons 1 and 2 no issues to kill him now it take ages i stopped and just run away

pulverize druid

dont know what they did with the butcher but it isnt fun anymore

I’m playing penetrating shot rouge and i have no problem with killing butcher
I killked him on barrage also :smiley:
so this is mainly you problem

2 Likes

sounds nice. can i see your gear ?

cause i have 900 chd and 5 glyphs at 21 and 1 at 17. and i barely even dent him when he is lvl 130 and above.

edit: its not that i dont believe you, i actually think it might be my problem. but if you are able to nuke butcher in 75-100 nmds even with barrage, i could learn alot from seeing what you play with.

You dont lose pearls if you die! If I had to decide, I would remove Butcher immediately!

1 Like

I play in Eternal. Before Season 3 I kill Butcher guit easy with my BL sorc. When they launch Season 3 and it was impossible because of nerfs. So I start to level Hota and now Butcher died in two, tree shots. I really must say Hota is very, very strong build with 2-3 Uber uniques. I don’t understand why it is so harb to Blizz to get buils in balance. Buffing and nerfing is not the right way to do it.
We should use all puilds in game and they have to be in quite good balance.

Having no issues at all killing the Butcher in all seasons. You just need to balance between survivability and damage. Also you need some unstoppable skills to get out of the stun that he gives you.

As you can see some other person also told me that but without specification.

Do you have no problems as ranged rogue in high end nmds? And is that also including a lvl 100 nmd? If so? Do you have any uber items? And if you have no problems with butcher in like 80-90 nmds can i see your character?

Freshh meat! I absolutely agree with you but hey the trolling must go on!

I compeltetly ignore butcher if I see him in any NM dungeon. I hope you remove bucther in NM dungeon in season 4. Thanks!

I saw him once at lvl 94 i wish i see him more often. I was surpriced when i saw him first time at lvl 94. But he came with the other bosses and it was a small room. So i got killed because not prepared. Later i came back but he was gone. I googled for it and it said that he will despawn after 5 minutes. I got mad because its so rare. 1 out of 200 and only got once chance. I didnt got a second chance. This is ridiculous.

Last season I died to butcher once or twice. Was leveling, like you; on my way to attempt Elias the first time. I was rummaging around the level, trying to get every piece of it because I was gathering anima. He was at the beginning of the level, I had doubled back and I searched this final little corner I had forgotten and there he was. I’m a defensive player and I could see that the fight wasn’t going well for me, I knew I would run out of potions before it was dead. And I did. Almost killed it but no. Then when I returned he was gone. Satisfying to me that he was, contrary to your feeling, because it made sense to me that he had moved on. It made later encounters more exciting too because I knew I was only getting one chance killing it, like a treasure goblin of sorts.

For what I have experienced and noticed by observation is that when you have a barb you can one shot him, but because others do more damage over time there is no one shot just a million shots a second. While I do over 300 mil with my barb in 1 shot it takes a few seconds to reach that with my sorc or druid. Butcher has lots of time to regain shield and there is a lot of room for error at that point. So while on sorc and druid I try to stay alive it’s the barb that is like… cough and he’s gone. They made the Butcher WAY HARDER than should be because of some elitist scum that was wining about it being easy. They probably all had a Barbarian XD. Anyway, sometimes the Butcher heals itself, sometimes his shield is impenetrable depening on your damage. Yeah, it’s … a tough topic.

Personally I think he should be a nightmare dungeon affix, so he cannot be in a nightmare dungeon unless it’s got the affix. Help me decide whether to play that dungeon.

In D1 he was in a room with a closed door. He was too difficult to attempt right away unless you’ve been lucky so I usually went down a few levels before the attempt to be safe.
Back then he had a slaughterhouse because he was too difficult, right. That made it optional.
He’s an extra mini-boss and perhaps he should be optional like that? Sometimes there’s a closed room on the map and you can opt out if he’s too much? But if you’re good on damage and defense you can plop by for some additional loot.

For people still asking: yes, you can just run and leave butcher behind. He will vanish. If you are afraid of fighting the butcher, just be prepared to run. (speed boost on boots can be helpful for example)

just make sure you run back where you came from and not further in the dungeon. Otherwise mobs and elites will slow you down. If killing the Butcher is too hard, outrunning him is indeed an option.

The dps difference (and to some extent toughness difference) between classes and builds are not a couple of hundred percent, it’s tens of thousands of percent and in some niche cases over 100 000% percent difference.
you wanna stack:

crit
critdamage
attack speed
vurn
max resource
hp → fortify → overpower
overpower

…and if your class can’t stack all or most of those then your class/build simply won’t cut it.
This is because the game isn’t balanced at all.
I honestly think the dev team has a math problem…

Ive beat butcher every season with 1-2 of the characters. Sorcerer being used most, some Druid and Barb. Cheese it one way or the other if you have trouble I suppose.

Butcher is not so hard, it’s a salt to beat sometimes in NMD.