Convince me why a 2H scythe is better than a 2H sword

For a standard minion build using a blood golem for main damage.
With scythe my golem damage is 3100 and my crit strike damage is 356%
With sword my golem damage is 3027 and my crit strike damage is 679%
Both masterworks are at lvl 8 with both tempering about the same.
Want to push higher pits so i figure the life on kill for the scythe is useless fore pit bosses where i am having trouble.
Your thoughts?
Dis some testing on a training dummy with golem only and could not seperate the 2. Average “seemed” to be around 4mill with a 9 mill high with both. Scythe has 73% damage and sword has 180% increased crit and the sword seems to be better but the dummies tell otherwise. Be nice if we could have some sort of an actual damage reading/average.

Scythe has a higher base damage value compared to Sword.

Thats why most players use Scythe.

I understand Scythe has higher damage but surely DPS is the important figure of which both weapons are the same?
Goes back to attack speed which everyone tells me is required on as many items as possible. For instance my attack speed bonus is 48%. And surely the 215% critical strike damage i get from the sword would out weigh the 73% damage roll i require on my Scythe? Little confusing.

DPS doesnt really matter much , specially for the Golem. You want as big hits as possible with Golem and you get that from a Scythe.

Minion Attack speed is VERY important to hit breakpoint on for Cult Leader node.
Minion Attackspeed and DPS is not the same stat though.

215 Crit and 73 Damage are both additives.

You dont require a damage roll on a Scythe, you can reroll any of the stats to Crit if youd like.

The build guide maker stated that the damage roll on the scythe is there to enhance DOT damage? Don’t fully understand exactly what DOT damage we do but that was he’s explanation.

What build guide are you refering to?

And yes, a “Damage roll” is x2 for DoTs, so 50% Damage is actually 100% DoT (Probably a bug)

But if you play a Minons/Golem build, you dont care for DoT damage, AT ALL.

D4 Builds.gg season4 summoner by VEGA

Do you have a link? Cant find it.

And again, a Minion build, especially with focus on Golem, does not build DoT or do not want to scale DoT damage. You have got something mixed up.

Cannot post links but go to google and type “d4 season 4 summoner by VEGA” and it will come up. I have nothing mixed up, i am following the guide exactly.

You can post links, not just full links or add the “hyperlink” option.

I just found it and i dont see anywhere what you are saying?
“The build guide maker stated that the damage roll on the scythe is there to enhance DOT damage?”

You did see the damage roll on the scythe?
I asked on another post why and was told it was for DOT damage.
Bit incorrect saying the guide maker stated it was for DOT damage - sorry.
Assuming the build maker knows what he is doing i will assume the build does do DOT damage. Blood mist does DOT for instance.

Only build that benefit from DoT is blight or shadow wave or CE. NOT a minion build.

You are playing a Minion build, correct?

I think you got it mixed up with the build creator, i know who it is and i highly doubt they recommend scaling DoTs for a non DoT build…

You are better off with Crit than Damage for a Minion build.

And no, BloodMist does not do DoT except for the Blood-Soaked aspect and you dont use that on a Minion build anyway.
Even if you did, you do not want to scale its damage, you want to scale damage types that benefit Minions, lol

Respectively as i asked "did you see DAMAGE listed on he’s recommended stats for a 2H scythe? You found the build so you can see he lists DAMAGE as a preferred affix. This has gone on long enough. Thanks.

I’m sort of 2 minds about this. I’m running a Shadow Mage (primarily) minion build and am using a scythe in hopes that the inherent +Summoning damage will buff minion damage though I’m not 100% certain that it does.