Diablo 4 broke my PC

Just want to preface that I can play every other game without issue and my temps are all within threshold.

I had an issue where while playing, my PC hard locked and I had to reboot by holding the power down. Post reboot. I attempted to login to Windows and my PC would freeze at the rotating welcome screen. I tried everything to fix it, booting from external medium, chkdsk, sfc scans. Nothing would work.

I refreshed my Windows 11 installation and noticed that BAR/AMD Smart Access Memory disabled itself in the BIOS. I’m wondering if having BAR enabled with specific setups is also causing issues.

Ultimately, the hard lock of my system caused corruption issues with my Windows 11 installation.

5800x3d
32gb @ 3600mhz
ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII (latest bios and chipset drivers)
Red Devil 6900xt ultimate (latest AMD drivers)
Windows 11 22H2 (build 22621.1413)

Most card so far that crashed/bricked their gpu was because of the fps going way to high similar to the new world incident,

also I am running an 5900x at 70c and 7900xtx at 80c, sometime peaking at 85
PC got good airflow, I mean i play bf2042 or cod and game that reportedly have higher temps with no problem.

I played D4 for about 6 hours without any issues and then PC frozen and crash, rebooted launched the game again and 4 min after same thing and temps were not even high yett… rebooted and then i played for a 5hours without problem.
There was also report of memory leak.

1 Like

I saw that when D4 get out of memory Windows did weird thinks, but I supposed that out of memory (maybe via pointer out of range access) just overwrite something in RAM belonging to Windows(e.g. after a game crash when right click on desktop the window was opened far away from mouse and other weird behaviors)
BUT reading above posts, HOPEFULLY D4 beta is not doing out of rage access on hard drive, e.g. corrupting other files there.

We are gathering information on the described issue here.

Same for me on a completely stock, non OC-ed XFX Radeon RX 7900 XT Merc 310, a card that’s usually running pretty cool.

Gigabyte Geforce 3080 card if i recall is flawed, hence it can die. Similar issue to what New World had, it’s the videocard manufactures that make flawed cards.

Was able to play for around 20 minutes before my monitors turned black, and i could not start my pc for around 20 minutes… and now my GPU is dead. 3080TI gigabyte… RIP

My PC still works, it didn’t get bricked. But it became laggy and sometimes became unresponsive. It was also kind of difficult to shut the diablo app down as everything was freezing up. After I was able to finally close the app, then my PC came back up and running as normal.

Posting to indicate I am having crashing issues, but with AMD GPU. Two crashes early beta last weekend total with 2 characters to lvl 25. So far 6 crashes today, lvl 7. Expect I would have many more crashes, but spent most of my time in queue. Not crashing from thermals, or PSU limit. Capping FPS didnt help. All drivers up to date (not just GPU). Other uncapped more demanding games run fine.

When I crash, it locks up Windows completely… its risky to keep hard shutting down so I will wait until asked to test, or a patch arrives.

Setup:
Windows 11 Pro 22h2
AMD R7 5800X
7900XT XFX
64GB RAM
1000W Plat Seasonic PSU (swapped to my backup identical PSU to test, no difference)

Thermals (capping FPS to 50 frames):
50C CPU
44C GPU

Thermals (uncapped, aggressive cooling profile):
60C CPU
56C GPU

1. GPU card vendor and model number: xfx speedster merc 310 rx 7900 xt
  2. Display resolution when running Diablo IV: 2560x1440
  3. Display mode (Windowed/Windowed Fullscreen/Fullscreen): Fullscreen
  4. Max Foreground FPS, Max Background FPS: 50/18
  5. Diablo IV graphic quality settings, preset with Low/Medium/High. Or more detail with custom settings.: High

I am having the same issues and I have no idea why. I have tried EVERYTHING other than reformatting windows and taking all the hardware out and putting it back in. I can sit in diablo queue for however long it may be, and generally after 10-15minutes, all my monitors will turn black, lose signal… but I still have audio and can hear everything. after 10seconds or so, the monitors blink and come back, but everything has crashed and disconnected and sometimes I have to CLT+ALT+DEL to restart because I cant do anything else.

when this happens, in my event viewer, I have this critical error “nvlddmkm” and i cant figure out how to fix it.
"The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\000000ad
UCodeReset TDR occurred on GPUID:100

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table"

I have a EVGA RTX 3080
CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K
Memory: 32 GB, DDR4 RAM, 3600MHZ
Windows 10.

Hi
I had been plying the beta for a couple of hours when the game froze. No inputs at all work not even the reset button. I had to turn the power off.
Now my computer is completely dead. No lights from the motherboard, no sounds, nothing. The game was running just fine before I crashed, with only minor lag intermittent.

Windows 10
Amd 2700x
Rx 5700 XT
16 gb ram

1 Like

Entire pc crashed while playing diablo beta now it wont display on any monitors

1 Like

Just for reference, I am using:

• 4x Pure Power Fans (2x 900RPM, 2x 1100RPM)
  • 1x Pure Rock CPU cooler (so 1 additional Fan, 5 in total)
  • Gigabyte RTX 3060 (12GB)

and my GPU did run Diablo at almost max settings at like 50° GPU temperature at worst.

Only issue I discovered is one of my fans (or anything else that rotates) making a very short, small “brrt” vibrating noise (I can feel it on my tower casing, like at the front where 2 fans are).

Update on the noise: Just the auto-fan function of Gigabyte.

You know this problem exist since Early Access, yet you launched the Open Beta KNOWING that its not fixed and can harm systems. And for one moment i though Blizzard is back on track of becoming a proper company again.

1 Like

rtx 4070 TI here. after playing a while the fans will start making very hard noise and the card heats up like crazy. Then i get this out of memory error. Hopefully preventing damage to my gpu. I think this is very bad and the beta should have never been released knowing these issues where there.

1 Like

Same here. The game killed my pc :confused:

I had been playing the beta last weekend and today I played for a couple of hours when the game gets frozen. No answer to inputs at all, had to reset pressing the tower button.

Now my computer is completely dead too. It starts and the lights are on but the screen is completely black and doesn’t answer to any input. The game was running ok with some puntual lag.

I really wish I saw this before installing. Currently at a loss bc I can’t even run a diag…

just wanted to add my experience. After several hours of playing my boot drive was toasted. I have spent hours in other games with no issues. M.2 drive with passive heatsink. Upgrading to a heatsink with active cooling for the new M.2 drive. everything in my PC stayed under 70° and game ran smooth until I got a gam crash followed by blue screen. Drive still shows up in bios but won’t boot and is unreadable even in a second PC via a USB adapter.

Reading all the issues with higher specs PC makes me wonder if the real issue is not with your PC’s. no-hate

My setup is far more inferion to the ones I’ve been reading here:
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT
32GB (4x8) DDR4 3200MHz RAM
1TB WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe SSD w/o heatsink.
Win 10Pro 19044.2728

Everything in the game is setup to the max.

The only real “issues” I’ve been having during both beta’s were queues, d/c’s and some “lag” spikes from time to time, but getting my gear bricked…ffs

I had the same thing happen. Half of my internal SSD disappeared.