Diablo 4 not launching anymore

After playing every day since launch, suddenly Diablo 4 does not start anymore. When I click on Play, the game does start in the background and the CPU usage goes up accordingly and it shows up in the Task Manager, but there is nothing else happening. The CPU usage stays high and the button in the Battle.net client stays on “Playing Now” but the game itself never launches.

I have tried reinstalling the game, the launcher, clearing the battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment cache. Nothing worked so far. I have had these issues in the past with other Blizzard games.

1 Like

I am now getting the same issue

This is usually caused by background programs most notably security software, but may be caused by others. You can try the following steps:

• Start your system without background applications
  • Deactivate your security software
  • Temporarily uninstall your security software (including eventual Uninstallers from the developer) and reboot your system after

I have also tried all of those steps, however my game is still not launching. I’ve deactivated and remove startup and background applications. Nothing is working. I hit the play button and nothing opens. This used to work now its not. Please help!

1 Like

Something similar just started happening to me this morning. I opened the game, got into the game clicked to move then I was disconnected “server disconnect message popped” and the game completely closed back to the windows desktop. This happened 4 times in a row. the 5th time I switched out the download settings in the D4 manager to 'latest update with 99999999 KB/s (they were set to default). The game loaded and I was able to play however was met with the lovely random rubberbanding i’ve been getting since launch (pc & ps5) & beta (ps5).

У меня такая же проблема, после обновления игра перестала запускаться от слова совсем. Ни переустановка ни закрытие фоновых программ ничего не помогло…

I clicked settings wheel, show in explorer, clicked into the diablo 4 folder and scrolled down to the diablo 4 button and clicked it and it launched that way. Old school version of launching a pc game but if it works it works you know?

1 Like

same problem here on pc, the game does not launch and i can’t either see in background, any other suggestion?

have you solved in any manner?

Same… here, try everything and the problem persist…

у вас 11 виндовс или 10 ?

Hi,
in this thread downgrading adrenalin drivers helped

ответ технической поддержки, цитата:
This is usually caused by something blocking or causing the game to crash on launch. We’ve seen Razer Chroma do the latter a lot recently, and security software the first.

For the first one, try looking for a line like this in your LocalPrefst.txt file, which can be found in the Documents folder under Diablo IV:
DisableChromaEffects

Ensure, that it says this:
DisableChromaEffects “1”

If you can’t find this line at all, you can add it and save the Txt file.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.