Diablo 4 - OBS/STREAMLABS problem

I was streaming Diablo 4 - after 1 hour, streamlabs drops from 60 fps to 25-35.
I was thinking it was a streamlabs problem - well, no. OBS - same problem.

So you need to restart Diablo 4, and after ~30 min randomly OBS again drops fps.
Again you must restart Diablo 4, and it repeats over and over again.

I changed the streaming settings (NVENC/x264 bla bla) - doesn’t help.
My internet provider said with speed it’s all good - 1 Gbit/s speed.

So only I have this problem? And how i can fix it?

1 Like

I used OBS and had zero problems during this weekend.
Sorry mate.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem with Streamlabs OBS or OBS

1 Like

Same problem here. Steady 120 fps without Streamlabs OBS open, as soon as i open Streamlabs, without even hitting go live, my in game fps drops to 40.

Mine is not so much a framerate problem (or, it might be related and I didn’t check), but a OBS works fine until I start recording. When I tab back to the game, everything seems fine (the timer is going), but, say I try to change Scenes… nothing happens. When I click Stop Recording, nothing happens. If I click Pause, the pause symbol appears, but the timer is still increasing. If I click Exit, it warns me that recording is in progress, but if I click continue… nothing happens. I have to close the window from the taskbar to get it to exit, at which point Windows reports that it’s not responding… and I have no recording.

1 Like

Similar problem here… I will stream on Twitch using OBS. I’ll get about an hour into the game and OBS will then crash in the same way you described… and I have to kill it in Task Manager. Start it back up and will go for another 30-60 minutes and happen again. This is the only game I have issues with.

1 Like

I have problem with combination D4 + OBS too. I have OBS on in the background without streaming only. And after a while GPU graphics starts to get busy (peaks to 90-100%) from normaly about 10-50% max. When I turned off OBS, the graphics load dropped back to normal. But high GPU cause OBS.

1 Like

I have found the solution, finally! Disabling the hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in windows option fixed the game low fps / stutter while OBS is turned on for me.

Same issue as some other, Streamlabs just lags out of twitch and have to kill streamlabs with task manager, happens every now and then but only on d4 , i tried max graphics lowest graphics nothings fixes it sadly

hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in windows

this is an option in the game? or in OBS? or in Windows?!

Tune down texture quality to medium
Also set fps limit in ur driver

This is in Windows setting. But I already had it disabled before. I’m not sure this is a fix for the problem.
Maybe this is a solution for a certain specification of the problem, like a total OBS crash when trying to stream. But for example with the “GPU utilization at 100% when combining D4+OBS” problem, I don’t think it’s a solution.

(Win 10)
Go to Windows Setting → Display → scroll down and Setting Graphics

I think I found something similar, but not exactly. I’m on Win11? There’s options for each app (I had to manually add D4), and it’s Low, High, Let Windows decide, or a checkbox to Don’t Optimize At All.

Set Win11 to High Performance. Everything seemed ok in this last run… I switched to my BRB scene to go deal with something, and when I came back, went to switch back to my Game+Cam scene… and it wouldn’t switch. I thought it had frozen, so I ended the recording, and it didn’t seem like it was going to at first, but then it surprisingly did. I have footage, huzzah!

OBS wasn’t reporting a framerate drop below 60, but, as I’m typing this now, FPS is .99?! (The game is running like butter, however?) Just to see what it would do, I tried to start recording again, and literally watched the blacksmith hammer once, and then freeze. He’s still going in game. Now it won’t “stop” recording, and I can’t switch scenes again.

Fixed by limiting the game’s FPS to 70

Similar issue with OBS Studios, stream is solid for an hour or so, then OBS freezes. Never had this issue with other resource heavy games… HALP

I was able to fix this. I am on Windows 11, I didnt have issue with this til I upgraded my PC about a week ago. I have not figured out how to stop discord streaming not working but I have fixed streamlabs and twitch issue
I am running i7 13700KF and 4070TI
FIX: Due to memory leak that Diablo 4 has you need to encode your stream with your CPU. You want to chose Software (x264) this will use your CPU to encode instead of your GPU. What I believe was happening was the memory leak that still has not been 100% fixed plus encoding using GPU that VRAM is topped off and streamlabs stops sending to twitch.
I also locked my FPS to 144 to match my monitor

I had been changing different things, changed to software encoder and ran a 2 hour stream with no issues, GPU came no where close to topping memory out. Game ran fine.

1 Like