Diablo IV takes a long time to start/load or doesn't load at all

Hi, I’m having trouble launching Diablo IV from the Blizzard launcher on desktop. It’s been happening to me for a few days now that I play Diablo IV and it doesn’t load. It pops up in the task manager, but the game doesn’t load me except a few times, but most of it doesn’t work. What’s going on? Thank you.

3 Likes

I have the same problem, the game just hangs in processes

1 Like

Same for me, it takes easily 15-20 minutes for the game to launch after pressing “play” on battlenet, never had this issue before last update.

Also, sometimes after I close the game battlenet keeps saying that the game is running even tho there’s nothing in task manager therefore i can’t start the game again.

What i also realized, is that in order to make the game even appear in task manager i have to first press play and restart battlenet, and then wait 20 minutes. Very annoying not gonna lie.

I read it’s because of the Avast antivirus. And I decided to give it a try and disabled it before starting the Diablo IV game and it went in smoothly. But it’s a bummer to have to keep turning off it up every time I want to play Diablo IV (then you can turn it back on with Diablo IV active and that’s okay, but it’s still a nuisance).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.