DLSS 3 (FG) disabled for super ultrawide (32:9) monitors, which means RT is not really viable!

Me and my friend just discovered the reason DLSS 3 (Frame Generation) isn’t working for us. We both have 32:9 monitors and play at 5120x1440. With the new addition of Ray Tracing, we both tried to use Frame Generation to compensate for the FPS loss. But enabling it doesn’t do anything.

The DLSS Frame Generation option tooltip says, “Frame Generation will deactivate if the game is letterboxed.” So, this is likely the problem. The question is why? It shouldn’t matter.

Since we can’t use FG we can’t really use RT :frowning:

Can this be fixed? Super ultrawide monitors are becoming increasingly common.

Playing this game windowed isn’t a solution either, since it’s always adding a white border at the top, and also affects performance negatively.

Samsung Odyssey OLED G9 + GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Super + latest drivers etc

7 Likes

I was searching far and wide for the answer for reason frame gen is not working. Got that answer now.
What sort of buggery is this even? Not enough the game can not work on normal 32:9 and gets sligtly letterboxed, no option for exclusive fullscreen and no option to change resolution (outside of using completely stupid windowed mode). I came to terms living with it. Now on top of it all, frame generation does not work because of unability of the soft to run in native resolution it “tries” and fails to force. This is getting riddiculous Blizzard

5 Likes

I concur with previous speakers that this limitation is clearly below par for the kind of premium game Diablo IV intends to be. I too run the G9 monitor with a capable GPU (4080 Super) and cannot enjoy the game fully.

4 Likes

Agree, using a Super Ultra Wide monitor and only just discovered this… why have this limitation?!?

Searched forever online for an answer as to why Frame Gen isn’t working… kinda makes my purchase of a 4080 Super look silly now as Diablo is the main game I play and built a PC for it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.