Druid Feels Weak

I finished campaign around 48 and spent 2 levels gearing up. Managed capstone at 50 without issue.
Since then I’ve really struggled doing anything… tree of whispers is mostly fine, but nightmare dungeons (lv 1-2) and hell tide are so difficult.

I’m playing as pulverise, currently using mostly codex stuff on gear as per maxroll, but yet to find shockwave on anything.

At what point does Druid start feeling stronger? It’s honestly felt like a bit of a chore since around 30 and am in the verge or rerolling

When you drop the shock wave aspect and go pulverise you begin to laugh in the face of danger and smash everything. In time, in time.

Pretty much this. Once I got shockwave aspect, it completely changed my character. I haven’t played other classes that much, but Druid seems to be very aspect dependant to even function at a decent level.

lol druid does 100NmD, breezing through and doing 90 mil dmg while it takes 0 dmg

1 Like

Also did the pulverize build from maxroll untill i made some changes…

Now i’m running a pulverize+trampleslide build and don’t struggle with anything.

got the pulverize that cause spikes (Ursine Horror)
The effect that make pulverize cause a shockwave(Shockwave)
The effect that cause Trample to summon landslide pillars(Trample Earth)
The effect that cause landslide to be trigger a second time (Aftershock)

To top this of with uniques:
head - Vasily’s Prayer(turns earth skills to werebear and fortifies you for 8 sec)
Chest - Insatible Fury (Perma Werebear form +2 rank to all werebear skills)

And now you’re curse like me and can change your title to “The Bear”

I wouldn’t necessarily call Druid weak, but with 100+ hours on druid now I feel it’s just terribly designed. Too many builds are useless without a specific unique item, some are just plain bad to play (pet builds, cooldown management galore).
D3 had this issues too at the beginning and I don’t see why Blizzard keeps repeating those errors in every game again and again.
There is no need to make builds shine with rare drop items ever. I don’t want to farm uniques for weeks which have a very low drop chance. I did this in WoW with specific items and those items weren’t necessary, but BiS and “nice to have”.
Here it’s about items that are partially mandatory to push higher difficulty levels and I hate getting blocked by RNG.

Yeh did the same with my druid and im crushing everything with ease have Vasily’s Prayer/Insatible Fury and love trampslide then just spam pulv with shockw druid is without a doubt best tank in this game

I’m not following any specific build, but I find Druid really strong, tbh.
With the Wolf roar, and a skill that gives health when using a nature spell, I can tank quite a bit.
When they threaten to overwhelm me, cyclone armor pushes them back and stuns them.
My vine buddy is boosted with the ability to cast a circle of Landslide when activated.
The same landslide that’s improved with Aftershock, slamming twice.
my normal attack is the electricity one, which has been seriously boosted, doing nice AOE, too
And then I got one of the lightning AOE’s for addep DPS when needed.
There’s several nice improvements to upgrade those skills on weapons too.

I don’t think I’m weak, really. It’s quite enjoyable to see how easy they fall.
I think you just need to read every skill, and think how that would benefit your playstyle, instead of relying on someone else to say what is best?