Druid Season 2 needs buff work

Let me start with the fact that I started playing this game because of the Druid. It looked awesome in video’s. Last season Druid was fun, strong and nice and easy to play. Barbarian on the other hand was complete … (<- we all know what it was). Why oh why that in a (modern… clearing throat) time like we are living now it’s still rocket science to balance builds right/good/perfect. Don’t get me wrong, Druid is still fun to play but hits less hard then a wet towl. I tried 5 builds and they all had the same what passes this season for damage. Survivabilty is still great, love it. But killing a Butcher in a Tier 70 is impossible. On my Barby it’s a one shot and on my Druid it’s an hour fight to get 10% off. I just run away because he can’t kill me and I can’t kill him. So Devs, please before the next part of the season. Buff the druid like times 100 at minimum. It’s just pathetic how low the damage is. On pack of enemies, yeah it’s fun and doable. The dungeon boss where it is a one shot on my Barb takes a minute or 2. That is unacceptable. The thing is, aren’t we supposed to be able to do all content with every character? or just one? I’d like to know so I can start playing the game on 1 char and be done with it after a week or 2 because I’m bored like now but now I’m bored and mad because of the big disappointment Druid is this season. And yes, maybe there is this 1 build that does it all on Druid… Probably the bear build that I dislike. I tried, stormclaw, shred, tornado, stormclaw poison, shrednado, bulwark…wait… that is more then 5 … and counting but I’m done. Even tho I have 3 chars to level 100 and my necro at lvl 98… stopped playing that on because I was distracted with the barb. I want to be able to just take a class and play and finish all content. Druid can’t. Not even close. Fix that please. With the new dungeons coming up we should at least be able to 1 shot a boss in a tier 50… instead of having to claw the poor thing to his knees sceaming that I have to stop torturing him/her/she/it whatever they are and just get it over with. I think you get the point. Thanks in advance

1 Like

For me it works to play the Werewolf/Tornado more as a melee character than as a ranged one, and indeed I never had much of an issue with the Butcher even without the fancy seasonal powers; if still have troubles pump the attack speed (spirit boon + elisir grants +30%; add the nice legendary aspect giving +XX% each time you crit and you’re set)

Have you tried the Bloodforge sigils? My Druid builds I followed that supposed to be Meta builds couldn’t even finish a Tier 100. Bloodforge is even worse. The first pack took me already 1 minute to kill (if I didn’t die because of who knows what not). If there are even more then 5 of those packs I have 4 minutes left for a boss that I probably cannot kill because lack of damage. This part of the season is useles for me. I changed from Ultimate Stormclaw to PoisonLandslide with thos pets. Damage is a fraction higher. It’s just small numbers. I don’t see numbers like 10 mil (and that is the lowest aim I go). It’s just really bad to have a Druid this season. Every build should be good enough. I spended since start of the season getting it to work. Spended over 300 million on it and it’s still sssht. If damage was higher I could do Tier 100 and try my journey against Zir. But at this point… there is no point. I can’t play the end of the season at the moment. Big disappointment.

My werewolf/tornado is eternal (I am doing the season with a summoner/lightning storm druid, not a powergaming build but extremely fun), however it has wasted uber Lilith so fast I could skip the nasty waves and the pools in phase 2 and therefore can not complain about the DPS; as of now is therefore basically retired.
Tornadoes may lack in sheer damage but are homing and persistent so if there is a gazillion of them they make short work of everything.
Personally put the homing aspect on the weapon and use 2-handers for NM dungeons as my impression is that the 6-targets thing does a very good job with packs (I try to “herd” them together with storm strike and surround the pack with tornadoes)

I have planned my seasonal character for nightmare dungeons and so far have cleared up to L93, but of course LS is not the most effective attack for the Butcher :slight_smile:
Currently am “farming” 80s to level the glyphs, once these are at L21 will give a try to the uber dungeon for sure.

If have found it there is a nice amulet which allows to mix boulder and hurricane: the character resembles the “hammerdin” of old, I have currently a L83 character I have respec to use it and is really fun, damage is huge even if handling spirit is sometimes tricky. The amulet is called dolmen of something, is an unique but does not seem to be especially rare. Each boulder does a lot of pain, just think what could happen if are surrounded by a a necklace of these hitting again and again…beside, it is hilarious to see the monsters being hurled around

Last, there is a pair of breeches called Tibault’s something giving xXX% to damage while are unstoppable: the breeches are pitiful defensively but if have access to a source of unstoppable the extra damage may pack quite a punch

Playing the stormclaw actually. Clear everything from Uber Lilith to nmd 100. Start to farm AOZ and stop at tier 5 for damage issue. After the fix i push to tier 9 and again problem with damage.
Rob say that the only A tier build for druid Is poison shred. Maybe he Is right but its not Fair. Dev says that aoz is not for all but in reality aoz Is only for hota barb and bol sorc. All the other build Need an hardcore farm on ToB to push content, and we have only 1 month until the end of the season.
Maybe before release an end game content try to balance all build so everyone can at least give a try.

I now made my own Druid, it gets me through AoZ above Tier 5 as long as I have a Barb killing the bosses. I hope next season Druid will shine otherwise I’m not gonna bother playing. Constantly trying to push limits, but there is no use. It’s nice that our streamer world can get it done but that is just a hand full. There is just no balance this season in characters. Last season every class could shine and yes, Barb was the lowest. In the age of A.I. this shouldn’t even be a thing anymore. For now I’m just hoping and waiting for next season. It’s all I can do. I’m playing, but not really enjoying. I tried the Shred build, but it’s exactly as they say. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is what you get for playing it. So I play with controller, doesn’t make it better. Even worse to be exact since you can aim places better with the mouse but I will need a macro for it. I live in The Netherlands so macro’s are not a thing here. And I haven’t got the first clue of how to set it up if I had it. Anyway, a word to Blizzard or whoever handles this stuff. Do better next season. You said no nerfs within the season, how about buffs? Druid could use some, wink wink. Merry Christmas