Feedback on Vessel of Hatred and future design choices

Hi Blizzard Team,

I appreciate the new content in the “Vessel of Hatred” expansion, but I have concerns regarding the wings. Their bright and flashy design doesn’t match Diablo IV’s dark aesthetic and feels unrealistic. Many players, including myself, feel this breaks immersion and may request refunds for the Ultimate Edition.

I suggest removing these wings or offering refunds. It’s crucial to maintain the game’s power fantasy. Additionally, it would be beneficial to have options to disable specific cosmetics or add a filter to decide which cosmetics can be seen. Cross-over cosmetics could also be problematic for maintaining the game’s atmosphere.

Overall, the impact of potential past and future cosmetics on the game’s environment and immersion needs careful consideration. Ensuring that cosmetics align with the game’s aesthetic is important to preserve the experience we all value. Offering alternative cosmetics or partially refunding the cost of the Ultimate Edition could be a fair compromise, giving players more options. I want to stress that the commercial model that Blizzard has implemented in their games appear to have ruined the atmosphere of their game. It is clear that these directions in game design should be guided carefully.

Another major point I’d like to raise is the potential need for a skill tree rework for classes, incorporating both PvP and PvE tools. Certain skill trees, like the Ultimate trees, do not feel well-integrated and could benefit from a rework or removal to improve class design. Additionally, monster design should be enhanced to add complexity to the game, making encounters more than just gear checks and raw numbers challenges. I would also suggest to add official resources to help casual or new players who are not acquainted to complex game mechanics, potentially adding details on monster design and how they work. For example, an in-game bestiary book like Diablo Immortal. Also, an in-game guide that allow players to build their characters with reason. This should allow new players to facilitate their learning curve. The loading screen with tips feels too simplistic for a game like Diablo where complex mathematical formulas and mechanics are in play.

I am a veteran of Blizzard games and the Diablo series.

All my thoughts are genuine and I hope it will help the series to remain competitive in the market.

Thank you for considering this feedback.

Best,

NanKiu

1 Like

yeah this game is in false advertising territory so wanting refund isn´t weird.
the wings look like the cheapest cosplay.
and now uber uniques will be fkn purple and pink…
people should keep their wallets closed until we see new dev lead faces. only way they learn.

3 Likes

Don’t be silly, noone is going to make refund request because of wings. If you believe this game will be as immersive as Diablo 2 then you gonna be dissapointed.

Good idea. And to decide if we want to see other players. Large towns full of traders and other players do not match the dark, empty, hopeless and demon-infested sanctuary of Diablo 2.

Skill trees in D4 are pure garbage. It’s unbelievable that they made it to the final version of the game in this format. In “big” Diablo 4.

It’s already added in PTR. Probably we will find it in the game next season.

They won’t do that, because there are so few moster types. And non of them have interesting design. Bandits, snakes, bears, wolfs, bats, ghosts, fallen, skeletons, goats and spiders. Did i miss anything?

1 Like