Feeling Disheartened about Sorceress Builds in Diablo 4 After Reading the Patch Notes

Hey everyone,

I just needed to get something off my chest regarding the Sorceress builds in Diablo 4. You know, the ranged elemental ones like Chain Lightning and Frozen Orb? I can’t help but feel they are seriously underpowered still. The Sorceress class was already considered underpowered, and I was hoping for some love for these builds, but sadly, it seems like nothing was really done about it.

From where I stand, it feels like they’ve even nerfed the Sorceress further by removing the burning synergy and making damage reduction worse overall. I get that they want to avoid everyone going into burning synergies, but honestly, I fail to see how that makes Frozen Orb or Chain Lightning any better.

It’s just disheartening that after all this time, I still can’t fully enjoy playing the Sorceress the way I want to. When Diablo 4 was released, I was beyond excited and had a blast for the first 80 hours, but since then, it’s been one disappointment after another.

Looking back, I feel a bit silly for getting the deluxe edition that allowed early access. Now, I’m not even sure if I’ll bother with Season 1, even though I already have the battle pass for it.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my thoughts and feelings with you all. Maybe some of you feel the same way, or perhaps you have some insights into the changes that I may have missed. Let’s hope Blizzard hears us out and makes some adjustments to make the Sorceress a truly enjoyable class to play for people who love the ranged elemental aspect to it.

Thanks for listening to my rant. Happy gaming, everyone!

Katie

1 Like

Hi Katie,
I feel your pain … For Diablo 4 Pre Launch and then Launch I started with a Sorc and eventually gave up - As too hard to kill things off quickly compared against other classes.

I thought for Season 1 I would give it another go as a Sorc. What a mistake I made!

After many many hours of pain I grinded my way to level 100 reaching it this weekend. Arc Lash build (Melee style) and now at level 100 there are Bosses I can’t kill anymore!
Even Elites are a major struggle to kill off.

I have 7 x Glyphs level 16+ and it isn’t helping me one single bit!! I did better at levels 85-90 with only 3 active Glyphs at level 3 each??? Even the Butcher I could kill him off on Torment after a while. Not now at level 100, I have no option but to evade him everytime. What a dire situation = higher level, better gear & paragon board, but my damage is worse!!!

Another example - A couple of weeks ago it was hard to kill the “Echo of Varshan” on Torment solo at level 90, but I did it. Now at level 100 I do very little damage to her. Now very frustrating as I have no option after toying and running away from her over 30 minutes (skill cooldowns too long), but eventually I do give up and die willingly in game or just quit. As fed up, disappointed and worn down by the sheer effort now needed. Yeah big deal i am now a level 100 Sorc but now SO USELESS.

I now Decline ALL Diablo 4 Season 1 in game invitations to party, as i am too embarrassed on the little contribution I can offer to a group. They would expect me to be awesome like Druids, Necros & Rogues … instead I offer nothing of value - just an underpowered liability!!!

It is very unfair Blizzard as I have been in groups of 3-4 in Tier 50+ Dungeons and all I can contribute is my Frost Nova. I can only watch and envy my party members - level 95-100 Druids, Necros and Rogues single shot Elites and kill off Bosses in seconds.

Why is it you have made the Sorc so inferior now in Season 1? while other classes reap and clear dungeons with so much ease. Others players like me will most probably give up playing Sorc in Diablo 4 until this is fixed.

As a veteran Diablo player I am now developing RSI health issues beavering away with my “underpowered Sorc” (so many hours Season1 game play).

I brought the Ultimate Edition and now regret it. Very unlikely I will be back for any future Seasons.

Blizzard Developers try out the Sorc at level 75-90 then again at level 100 and see what I mean! Stop these nerfs on all classes and buffs on Bosses.

It is bad enough when you level up that the Mobs get stronger, but I feel all my gear upgrading and hours play efforts have been a total waste of time.

This game has brilliant graphics, but it is no longer fun or rewarding to play it anymore as a Sorc!!!
It is literally TOO PAINFUL. I think it’s time now for me to throw in the towel, move on and get back on STEAM!

I did give it a reallly good go… My body is now telling me to give it a rest. I never had this low dmg problem in Diablo 2 or Diablo 3.

Thanks for listening and apologies for the rant. Have fun guys (don’t play as a Sorc).