General Problems with the Sorceror Class

I only really bought Diablo 4 because I enjoyed sorceror in Diablo 3 so much that I wanted to see what it was like in the sequel.

It really isn’t even 30% as fun. I cannot for the life of me find out what I’m doing wrong. The defensive abilities, which I’ve come to understand I need to use ALL of them ALL of the time, don’t save me from being killed instantly in any dungeon higher than tier 55. The shields are too weak, the effects are too short, the screen is too messy to see environmental effects, and the enemies seem to ignore barriers at the best of times.

What I would like to know is “if we’re to rely on crowd control to maintain the damage necessary to kill normal enemies in a decent time, why is crowd control so weak?”

Where in the game are diminishing returns mentioned? I’ve seen them nowhere, and without crowd control the enemies are too difficult to kill. Not impossible, but just not fun. Why, after the third or fourth application of stun/freeze, do enemies stop responding to crowd controls. Some even have some kind of ability or animation that shows them actively removing any crowd control that they receive, after which they continue to just annihilate a solo sorceror.

I say solo sorceror because everyone in my clan, old guildmates and friends, have moved on to baldurs gate or even back to diablo 3.

Could the person responsible for balancing the classes please make a blizzard account and actually try this class please? I’ve already got baldurs gate 3, so if you don’t care just don’t bother. But sometimes the idea of going into the power fantasy I used to enjoy in diablo would be nice, since I already know you will Never return my money.

Lots of love,
Just another disgruntled customer.

1 Like

Totally agree.

I don’t understand why they don’t apply a hotfix for the class just for the shields.

Ice schield just be based on real life not on base life and should give for one skill point 100% extra life, 2 skill point 150% extra life and 3 skill points 200% extra life. Then you can take 2-3 hits to move away.

Currently not worth to put more than 1 skill point in it.

Yes, yes, yes, why are you still complaining about playing with the magician, we have no defense, we didn’t have any, and I think you have a good defense, especially in pvp. Please stop shamelessly lying to yourself. Why don’t you know how to playing is different, it’s not that you don’t have defense. Just now I fought with a mage in pvp and I had nothing to do with him, I couldn’t even hit him because he kept me in the stands. saw a ma at Lilith that lasted better than a barbarian or rogue, Hello