The game bloats up GPU VRAM until it reaches the maximum and crashes.
I’m running the game at almost the lowest settings, it should take 6GB of GPU VRAM (according to the settings menu). When I start the game it takes up 15GB and slowly reaches 16GB where the game crashes from no more memory.
AMD Radeon RX 9060 XT.
i had same issue with my old rx 7800 xt. after possible evry single attempt to fix it with bad outcome. the only fix was going nvidia. a bit much yes but i was beyound fed up with poor sloppy amd gpu drivers that is giving issues for almost 99% of evrything.
i never found a propper fix but what helped me alot so i could atleast play 2-5 hours before driver timeout or as you arfe dealing with mem vram leak. was using DDU to completly remove amd gpu drivers and never ever installing them again.
Also i had to modify Diablo 4 install where i unchecked “High-Resolution Assets” and left texture in game at “Medium” there was no other away around it for me. Also i had to literly restart D4 before doing a world boss or it would 90% chance of crash mid fight.
After 2 very long years of constant AMD gpu driver issues i gave it the long finger. at this point i dont even trust AMD to ever fix the mem leak issue same with D4 devs to ever trying for real this time to fix the well known mem vram issue mostly affect AMD gpu users.
i hope it atleast can let you play alittle longer if you decide to give it a try. some person has alrdy made a very long list of all kinds of fixes for AMD gpus. go have a read to see if you ucan get lucky and find a fix. Be aware its a long read but well worth it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/1lnxb8o/ultimate_amd_performance_fix_guide_stop_lag_fps/?share_id=MfCZe5vF2zKAU3yxdVY6u&utm_content=1&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_source=share&utm_term=1
I switched back to my old GPU RX 5600 XT. It has always managed to play the game before, although on low settings.
I still get the memory leakage here, it’s not as bad it just causes lag spikes when the GPU tries to dump some VRAM it seems.
Just seems like they recently dumped the support for AMD altogether.
I am having VRAM issues as well. I have an AMD RX7800XT. When almost all VRAM is full, the game freezes for a long time when I take portals in the pit.
So it seems my new 9060 XT was broken, repair shop gave me a new card. Installed it today and… I can’t even start D4 at all now. It stops responding on Logging in to Diablo 4 and I have to terminate the process.
Scanned game files, they are 100% fine it says.
So I’m out. This game isn’t worth the stress.
But Blizzard if you are reading this. Gigabyte Radeon RX 9060 XT, with the latest drivers (As of today) freshly installed, game doesn’t start. Fix it.
Gonna go back to playing Final Fantasy 10 on my Ps2, at least that game works and doesn’t try to scam my wallet.
Another post about the same old memory leak that they refuse to acknowledge…
Change your texture settings every now and then or use a mem cleaner tool to tidy up the vram before it runs full.
You can keep an eye on how much vram and memory the game is using in the task manager under details and selecting the appropriate columns.
i had an RX 7800 XT before and after 2 years of none stop issues with D4 i went with Nvidia again and no issues so far since Jan the 5th.. what i did to somewhat have it working for awhile was to remove the amd gpu driver with DDU and only installed the bare drivers. Not the adrenalin as it was the main issue with driver timeouts. and playid on lowest possible settings on 1440p. stupid silly but i was able to play 2-4 hours before crashing while using ISLC.
It is an AMD gpu issue. its stupid sad AMD devs wont work on a probber fix for it. i gave more or less all of em a try only to have it working for 2-4 hours.
hope it can help somewhat atleast.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/1lnxb8o/ultimate_amd_performance_fix_guide_stop_lag_fps/
It also happens on my mini PC with an RTX 3070 and a another PC with a Battlemage B580
Happens to me to, 9070xt, constant crashing
Me pasa igual con 32GB de RAM y una Nvidia de 12 GB
Is this problem being investigated? Because it doesn’t seem normal to me that this continues to happen.
I think they will not. I checked their patch list and not a single mention anywhere!!
This is bad and I can’t refund my DLC. Sigh…