Hardcore is dead

Hello

As a huge fan of blizzard and diablo games, I’m really really disapointed about the absence of offline mode or local hosting. I use to play diablo hardcore/extreme, because I always found this is the best way to enjoy it

I tested to create an hardcore character and disconnected during a battle on purpose, once I went back to diablo 4, my character disapeared. He’s dead

In diablo 3, the game was local so no problem. And diablo 2 had an offline mode. So I could play both of them in hardcore

Now it is not worth it anymore to play hardcore through diablo 4. This mode became totally useless. Losing a character depending on my connection is not relevant at all and I will just bury this gameplay.

Too bad beaucause hardcore was the best diablo expérience ever for me and a big plus value and I waited it so much

Hope my words will be heard

Have a great day

3 Likes

Hey Friend!
Im playing hardcore too, softcore barbarian as a story ranger and hardcore sorcerer as a main ( barb level 14, sorc level 10).
It is indeed great fun and lot of emotion in hardcore that are simply not present in soft mode.
Maybe try upgrading Your connection a bit, You are loosing extreme ammount of joy skipping hardcore mode :wink:
Wish You very best!

1 Like

In fact, my connection is really stable with fine optical fiber. But it happens that internet service provider encounter problems randomly once a month or 3 months a connexion cut can happen. Or electricity cut in the building or even game server problem or whatever… It is what it is and hardcore danger is not a new story but previously, we had solutions to avoid it in diablo 2 and 3

That’s why I stopped to play open online mode on diablo 2. To avoid crying on my character corpse. This is really frustrating and unfair and if it happens when you played a large amount of time, you are devasted and you just stop playing. Not worth it

1 Like

YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE TO UPGRADE YOUR CONNECTION TO BE ABLE TO PLAY A GAME… Especially on PC. We pay a LOT for the builds we use to play, and then spend even more to be able to play. Doesn’t seem like such a bad idea to have an option to host locally if you want to…

1 Like

Especially when D2 AND D3 could be local/offline if you wanted

1 Like

I agree. It’s ridiculous that I can lose my character because I have a random power outage or my internet decides it’s enough for a few seconds.

I’m keeping myself updated with the d4 discord and most deaths I see in the hardcore graveyard are all because of dc or something similar. Even the very first guy that got to level 100 lost his character because his internet crashed for a minute.

Hardcore right now is just hoping you are lucky enough to not randomly dc

2 Likes

Yes I’ve red about the level 100 guy. Just imagine the pain… this is a permanent ragequit reason !

I agree with both of you. This is outrageous. One of you knows where we can gather en masse and write to blizzard forcing them to do something ? What is our best option ?

a mi me pasó algo similar, se me bugeo, sali y a lentrar mi druida desapareció… estoy buscando una solución, si no la encuentro haré un reembolso, blizzard support is very bad, nothing blizzard person reply… T_T

If you play a game then you should calculate disconnects in. If you play a game in 2023 you should accept that its online only. I think the problem is more how Blizzard deals with disconnects in Hardcore mode. Maybe they come with something smart to solve this issue.

There is no offline mode cause then you can’t buy shit in their online shop.

3 Likes

why not let characters disapear instantly if you leave the game. And dont day anything about abusing that mechanic as a reason not to add it. Death comes often in one shot, theres not alt+f4 to that.

Also its not that stupid esport shit. And we already have scroll of escapes anyway, so I dont get it why not make it so that if you crash or DC, your character instantly leaves the server.

I can live with random disconects on HC, but not with this amount of crashes.
6 game crash deaths so far. Just wonder how much credit I’m ready to give the brand I like…

And the funny thing is I can’t even delete those heros from collection, they’ll be there to constanly remind me HOW they all died.

1 Like

It’s funny how my character died yesterday because I tried to open the paragon board and that crashed my game. I did hear that in season one when you dc, your character will immediately use a scroll of escape so that would probably help a bit. I don’t know if that will work for game crashes tho

That is scheduled for season 2 mate.

I had a level 54 that died in the server crash. I just entered a new room in the campaign and then “poof” the character was dead. I couldn’t log in after that. I didn’t even get to see an enemy before it happened. I had no problem with my connection and was informed that the server was down.

I myself work as a system developer so I have a good understanding that problems like this can happen with servers. But it’s bad when hardcore characters disappear because of server problems. I think that Blizzard should have a way to compensate the player. It can be a long playing time that the player has spent on the hardcore.

Personally, I think that since they can see exactly when the server went down then they should be able to bring back hardcores characters that died at that time. But if they have a definite rule never to do that, then maybe they can compensate the player in other ways. A virtual thing in the inventory is just a small adjustment in a database after all.

Haven’t got any dc deaths yet, just one lag death when you suddenly get surrounded and instant death. Still iam taking it slow, got lvl51, 54 and 56 necromancer. Once i hit lvl70 i will reroll since the endgame looks very boring.

Ithink Blizz should go more into rogue-lite, with more passive progressions for your account. This will lure the casuals over and walla we have a solid rogue-lite arpg.

What a waste to lose a hardcore character from disconnecting, especially when it appears to be a Blizzard issue. 27 years of playing the franchise - massively disappointed that Blizzard doesn’t seem to care at all and provides no avenue for recourse. Not coming back - I’m done - hope they fix this for other players