If its to hard to make a stable game, at least make some form of DC protection

Again i lost a lvl 79 to a DC. This is the 4th lvl 50+ caracter i lost this way. There is no way to survive a DC currently.
I played the hell out of d2 AND D3. In D2 you would at least have a fighting chance with a DC if you geared corectly. I DC’d there as well, but most of the time i would be fine. Same for D3, would be 50/50 chance of surviving , but you could be back in the saddle in a few hours, due to boosting etc.
Now D4 is way, way, more unstable, i have a extra fan on the PC just for the overheating. Then there are LAG issue’s were the game can just freeze up for a few secs etc. etc. and ofc out of noware you can get a critical error.
I bought the game for me and 2 of my sons, we all think SC is to boring so play on HC. And we have alot of laughs when someone gets smacked by the Butcher or a goatman (blushes). But the DC issue’s are just disheartening. My oldest plays on Play Station. He DC’d 2 day’s ago after a Lagspike, and ofc his toon is dead. He keeps playing but the other one gave up after a DC death, and who can blame him.
I honestly hope, now that the developers have adressed most of the general gameplay issues after overwelmingly negative feedback. They find the time to take another look at HC and adress this DC issue. From what i hear your caracter stay’s in game for almost a minuut after you DC. I’m sure there is something that can be done there.
And if the arguement for not booting caracter out of the game after a DC, is the fact that some will abuse this. I honestly think verry few people will mind that.
So plz put some effort into fixing this.

2 Likes

Absolutely ridiculous they don’t have any protection for character on DC. Just lost my lvl 67 barb and I had just killed a mob. DC’d and logged back in to see death by plague maggot… How do they not realize these issues drive people away from the game. Don’t think I’ll be playing again until they fix this issue.

1 Like

I just lost my Hradcore Rogue at Lvl 93. I was being being very careful and going slow to make it safe but yesterday the server of the sigil I was doing in Marine´s Refuge when off when the final boss appeared, when I was able to reconnect the game (because my character was inside dying and it didn´t let me log in) my beloved rogue was dead.
I had fun playing, I wouldn´t mind if a bat kill me for a mistake, but dying like that is really FRUSTRATINF.
Blizzard doesn´t care about this issues it seems.
So that is it.
I quit with Blizzard.
No more games.
It’s has been fun but this is enough.

All the same as above, 4 characters from 60-100 all have died from lag, d/c. Just lost my final character 75 Druid, only doing nightmare dungeons where I can 1 shot everything. Went into boss room, after walking through the entire dungeon like a breeze, suddenly I can’t use any abilities, dodge, potions, scroll of escape. Nothing wrong my end, 1gb internet 5ms ping, Netflix still steaming fine, kids still playing their online game fine. Time to put this waste of money in the bin where it belongs. I love HC and have no problem with dying if I make a mistake or misjudge something, there have just been too many random deaths to sever/game issues.

Yeah same here getting randomly DC:d after 3 months and on your 5th HC just makes you quit…

In this game i have many disconnection problems but i wanted to try anyway hardcore gaming, result i have already had 3 kills due to disconnection problems.
I’d like to finish the seasonal campaign in hardcore mode but no with this kill due to disconnection problems.

Do you know if exists a disconnect detection technique that prevents deaths?

Thanks