Imbuements are the worst

If someone can come up with a game mechanic less satisfying than a two shot buff that mostly stays on CD, where pressing the button to activate is nothing but a chore, I’m all ears.

3 Likes

Wait till you discover barbarian’s shouts.

1 Like

Plus it negates the healing possibility of Flurry. Such a shame, it should be a 30 min buff, not a two shot one.

Could be that you’re not combining it with the right skills. I stick on shadow, dash twice, suddenly I have 20 mobs all coated in shadow juice, then they all explode. Fun times.

Hence the reason psn is where it’s at, if we could spam shadow or cold I think we would maybe choose another skill

It was much better in early access before the 1st nerf. It still had a cooldown, but you weren’t always, always waiting for it.

You’re using them wrong.

The rogue is best at setting up big burst damage. I am bad at remembering the names of aspects but there are two you should try out; both cause secondary explosions when you combine shadow with either cold or poison. Then use caltrops and poison trap (with perk that can lower cd for imbuements). Lead off the fight with poison trap immediately followed by caltrops, then evade into the pack, imbue with shadow (using aspect that makes explosion when you cast it), then use core skill…dead pack and if you clustered them around an elite or two they are dead or almost dead.

Don’t just mindlessly spam powers. Run into a room and herd the pack into a nice little ball before opening with traps. They setup take a few seconds, but you’ll clear 30-40 mobs in one swipe with twisted blades or flurry.

Experiment with different strategies.