In game sound not working since update

Since the update, I have no in-game sound. Checked settings and they haven’t changed and even turned up some of them including effects. Exited out of the game played music and watched youtube with no problems on the sound. Logged back in, get the sound on the Blizzard loading screen but once you go to the character select screen there is no sound and that is the same in game. It’s completely silent. Also tried restarting computer and shutting it down completely and then switching back in, doesn’t make any difference.

I’ve had sound problems too, mainly choppy sound (which acts out as lag in-game) and after the latest patch, disappearing sound in-game. Every 10 seconds I had to switch my audio device in Diablo 4 for the sound to get activated again. My solution was to turn off windows sound processing for “Spatial sound” completely. Have you checked disabling that too under System > Sound > Properties for your sound device (headphones, speakers)? I reckon it is a Diablo 4 specific bug, because I haven’t had that particular error in any other game I’ve played during the last month.

Same issue except myself and others are playing on Xbox. No headset. Audio just randomly goes out. Two days ago a reboot of the Xbox cleared it up, yesterday and today reboot does not resolve issue.

Using in game sound options did not resolve issues either.

After the update where temper icons show as category instead of Anvils, my audio volume dropped to where I can barely hear the game. I reset drivers and maxed the setting volumes. Discord sounds fine, windows sounds fine, Diablo barely audible.

No sound at all since latest patch

Got same problem all the time + i get locked out about every houer

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.