Macro Based Software (Razer Synapse)

Any macro that does more than 1 keypress in game is against the rules. But who knows , people have been doing it for years in wow and Diablo.
I’d like to know what his macro is doing.

1 Like

Yes.
Using fancy mouse since 2006 (any mouse above 5$ price).Mouse and keyboard software is not bannable in any online game, even crappy asian cash grabs like bdo or archeage (tho some of them are blocking macros by the game code to some extent) So macro away with razer or logitech software safely.

Note that software, that hook game executable IS usually bannable in most games. Like ahk. Stay away from that

1 Like

I think they would like to stop people using Macro’s but they never will simply for that fact that are people with disabilities that play the game & need them. So they just give vague answers so as to try in dissuade people from using them but not go so far as to open themselves up to a possible discrimination lawsuit.

1 Like

yep its probably that

rob2628 LOVES macro… they will not take it away from Him… even tho barb class is skill less just spin an shout

1 Like

i use razor synapse now i cant say its 100% safe but in my eyes its exactly the same as mapping your keys to the numpad and using the numlock trick which has been used for 15+ years in diablo 3 with no bans so you should be good

1 Like

I just stand still and everything dies when they touch me. No need press buttons much.

1 Like

how boering… why even play? :joy:

1 Like

Because my favorite class is so broken there is no really point playing it. Im just waiting for poe2 to see how it is.

least you are honest <3

1 Like

Firstly. You are evidently an individual with a mind to responsible behaviours. This surely must be commendable in itself. Avoiding retribution is a worthwhile life objective in these times.
The question you ask possibly raises a number of questions. These might range from the socio-political role of games in human activity, the subjective assessment of humanities interface to the the ‘monsters’ they create with art and design to whether you can be bothered to press buttons in a particular sequence.
These are deep philosophical questions that I think Blizzard support are ill-equipped to deal with - even with Co-pilot.
Do wot you effin’ like mate. :wink:

Very poor on Blizzard’s behalf, also looking for a definitive answer just YES or NO.

The point of people with disabilities or even just an aging group of players wanting to know if they can use the hardware, they have to its fully optimized capability or if they have to not use it at the risk of breaking a ToS. Therefore meaning it is pointless in purchasing new games as they don’t have the ability to play legally. It’s like stopping a blind person using public transport because they need the seeing eye dog with them.
SO CAN WE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE WITH ICING ON TOP GET AN ANSWER OF EITHER [YES or NO]

Thankyou

By the EULA, it should be bannable, I’m pretty sure it falls under botting/automation:

Blockquote
License Limitations:
Blizzard may suspend or revoke your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:

Derivative Works: Copy or reproduce (except as provided in Section 1.B.), translate, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on or related to the Platform.

Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:
    cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;
    bots; i.e. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that allows the automated control of a Game, or any other feature of the Platform, e.g. the automated control of a character in a Game;
    hacks; i.e. accessing or modifying the software of the Platform in any manner not expressly authorized by Blizzard; and/or
    any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;

But then again, it’s up to them if it’s enforced or not.
However, if it’s not, it causes problems downstream - not only it makes the OOBE feel worse, they will have to design around it (and it’s all downhill from there). WoW is a very clear example of this: you absolutely NEED certain addons for the game and the balancing for raids was done with the assumption that Weak Auras will be used.

Are you really expecting any meaningful answer from blizz? They don’t even play their own game, come on now…