Macro Based Software (Razer Synapse)

Hello,

I’ve wanted to ask about a macro build in my software from Razer.
Synapse is also having a macro section where you can map keys.
Since Diablo has also the possibility to map different keys combinations I need to know:

How safe (it’s safe?) to use it like this ?

If possible I want also an answer from someone who can tell for sure if it’s ok or not.
I don’t want to risk my account ofc.

Thanks in advanced !

Macros should be against the rules just like any hacks and bots. Its automating the game in a way which is not accessable to everyone there for gaining advantages over others.
I know, its silly because Diablo is already infested with bots and hackers.

P.S
Doubt you get even caught for using Macros… Streamers do that stuff in streams and seem to be fine :'D
Imo once again this is idiotic because macroing is automating the gameplay and advantage over others who do not have it.

I think that anything macroable is a sign of a bad system.

It’s something available for everyone. Nothing super hard to get and implement.
All games-related hardware devices has this build-in.
I am 100% against hacking and exploiting, don’t understand me wrong but this i feel it’s not in this area.

That’s why I reiterate and demand if possible to get an official answer for me and for the rest of you ofc

Thanks !

I figure they’re not doing anything to regulars but stay reserved for special cases, which is why they don’t want to say anything definite. It’s troublesome for them, the macro hardware availability, because they make their game systems in a way that’s macro friendly.

If something isn’t intended to “harm” a system I figure it is not ok to categorize it as bad intended or worse and suspend accounts based only on this kind of software.

So, again: What’s Blizzard official position about macro-based (Razer Synapse or others) software ?!

Thanks !

PS: You use it? Used to use it? Had account problems based on it? (not only on Diablo, but on Blizzard games overall)

every streamer and other (not everyone ok) use marco
its safe until blizzard decides that for 1 week well no it’s not allowed and boom!
we remember those who were banned on D3 because they used macros.
Macro provided by the D3 mouse made by blizzard xD!

I am no expert but it’s somehow obvious streamers use it everyday.
But again, nothing wrong. Only that I read on different sites, random info about this topic.
Some say ok , some say account will get banned and so on…

That’s why this topic, here, where we must get proper information, right ? :slight_smile:

BTW: Is there some forums/moderators directly affiliates to Blizzard who answer in sensitive topics , where a proper answer (like here) is the key to that specific topic?

or …

I should create a ticket in order to know the correct answer

the correct answer is:
any tiers program is forbidden

this is the blizzard response.
Of course macro is acceptable, but nobody on blizzard team gona take the risk to say that.

Assuming this is the fact, it’s odd not to “whitelist” this kind of software.
I have also opened a ticket and after it will be answered I will put the “solution” here also.

This “grey” zone is nok for me … :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t wait to see their response ^^

So, it’s starting … hilarious:

"Greetings Champion.

You have reached Blizzard Entertainment, This is Game Master xxxxxx, I will be the one assisting you today.

After taking a look at your ticket, I see that you are contacting us regarding Razor synapse macros usage, don’t worry I will go ahead and take a look into it.

Champion, after taking a look at this matter, please note that Customer support can’t assist with setting up a user interface, key-binding, or macro configurations, and I would advise you to check out our game forums.

You can find more information regarding this matter, using the following link: hxxp://support.blizzard.com/article/000047368

If you have any other questions, I would be more than happy to answer them for you. "

Dear xxxxx,

It looks like you didn’t get the main question. It’s not about Razer Synapse or any specific software.
It’s about one feature called MACRO.

The big Q is: Can we use macro in order to play Diablo 4 ?

Please take this question further is req is needed and provide a proper answer.

Thank you !

1 Like

billion compagny btw … xD

No. 1 Button = 1 action. Software macro is 100% bannable offense such as AHK. Hardware macro, well its still software but since you paid for it, it becomed tricky for blizzard to exercise its tos since its your consumer rights to access core functions of a product made for its intended usage. Therefore its a direct infringement to tos for razer synapse/logitech g hub but illegal to exercise such bans and becoming a grey area.

1 Like

Indeed …

& the final touch:

We’ve already checked that you requested some information about using macros in order to play Diablo IV.

After taking a deeper look at your account, I must inform you that we cannot make this possible because Customer Service don’t have assistance in our scope of support.

Even though we would like to make it possible, this is a limitation that we cannot bypass.

This may not be the response you were expecting, but we will take this opportunity to thank you kindly for your patience and understanding.

Thank you so much for contacting the Blizzard Entertainment Customer Service.

<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, what do you guys think ?
How in the name of God this is … touching helpful ?

Back to main question, are we allowed to use macro software ?

And that’s all folks :joy:

@ [Abella] , from where do you have that info ?

Thanks !

1 Like

I have been playing on the top level in the last 20 years with 10-30€ mouse and keyboards. All these Razers etc. are nothing but money and espionage. For real.

not agree with you. I have an old razer nostromo and its help a lot when you get tendinitis easily or hand disability, especialy in H&S when you spam your skill like a old parkinson guy x)

dont be afraid, i play d3 since first day, with razer macro (hardware macro, no ahk script),so many streamer and player around the world play with macro, i dont think you risk your account.

ahk script and bot its another things :wink:

That’s the feeling I have also. With build in macro software from verified sources should be fine.
Scripts or overlays or I don’t know, tools that literally makes changes to the game and not to the mechanics only are subject of account risk.

Thank you all involved in this “in the house” discussion BUT still not happy nobody from Blizzard came and said how things are based on their perspective …

But you still have to go and download apps and what not make it happen. This should be included within the game as part of the tools to use as we play then instead of forcing people to go out and about downloading weird apps just to get the same advantage the others have.
We shall see what the devs decide about this and how far they allow things to go.
We know blizzard has taken action against people using anything outside of the game as help / tool before. Wouldnt surprise if it happens here.