Mouse+keyboard support

Why cant consoles have mouse and keyboard support? Sure the game “works” with a controller but i dont want to use it. The targeting sucks, moving around in the menu is slow. If PC can choose to use a controller console should have the option to use mouse and keyboard. I refunded d2r because there wasnt an option to use mouse and keyboard and i will do the say for D4.

9 Likes

Absolutely agree, there is zero reason in this day and age for a console game, especially of this kind, not to support mouse and keyboard - FFXIV does it perfectly well, too. Not only due to the genre, but also because it’s always online/multiplayer, because it’s full cross platform, because it even has text chat available. And indeed, controller is a thing on PCs. Support mouse and keyboard on consoles too, please.

5 Likes

They have recently said that they will not, stubborn as they are. So PC it is despite losing the convenience and more powerful machine for me.

Is there a specific reason why it won’t be supported on consoles? I really want to know cause otherwise it just sounds like they don’t want consoles to catch up with PC. And then it looks even more like they want console players to be the 2nd class.

Xbox supports the use of mouse and keyboard in some games and apps, but it doesn’t work for all content. The game or app publisher must enable this feature for their content.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/hardware-network/accessories/mouse-keyboard

Where are your sources on this? I did not try for open beta, but previous iterations of the game on Xbox had just fine keyboard support. I did not test mouse I only used keyboard for writing feedback in-game.

Keep in mind I only have experience with Xbox, but it would be very odd if only the Xbox console supported this, especially since Playstation is considered the superior gaming platform in Europe.

Well if d4 isnt supporting MnK i will not buy the game. I tried to play d2r whit controller and it sucks.

Hm… Maybe try Diablo II: Ressurected again. My partner swears by the controller to the point where she will refuse to play a game that doesn’t have good controller support, and she just told me that it currently plays better than it did right after release :slight_smile:

Because this game should have never gone to consoles. Consoles are best for beat em ups, platform jumpers & Metroidvanias. But that’s about it.

Thats why i stick to pc. More flexible and upgrading is most of the time cheaper instead of buying new console. Can play xbox and playstation games and choose mouse or a controller. I started as console player and after ps3 and xbox 360 era switched to pc and will never go back again. Consoles are so damn restrictive.

As a pc player i have to highly disagree on your post. I prefer MKB in aRPGs too, but D3 for example is really well playable with controller. Even some PC players prefer controller in D3.

1 Like

+1 for m&k on console. @Blizzard listen the community