Persistent Server Disconnects and Massive Latency Issues

Hi everyone,

I recently returned to the game about two weeks ago after a long hiatus. However, for the last three or four days, I’ve been experiencing unbearable latency and connection issues.

Specifically, I am frequently disconnected from the server and kicked out of the game during teleports (instance transitions). Even when I manage to stay connected, I’m dealing with constant latency spikes reaching 1200 - 1400 ms anywhere on the map, including NMD runs.

I have already investigated the issue on my end; my ISP connection is stable and clean. My PC hardware and game files are also verified and up to date.

In its current state, the game is completely unplayable for me. Is there a known fix or a workaround for this, or is this a widespread server-side issue that I just have to “live with” (which would unfortunately mean quitting the game again)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I cannot even connect. I thought I give it a try again but the last two days there is only an error message that the servers are overloaded and no connect possible. Is Diablo 4 dead? Are the servers in permacrash?