Rain of Arrows Casting time

ime/imho - this is a problem.

From the time I start the ability to the first arrow hitting the ground - there is more than enough time for :
a - The game to decide you’re aiming the other way now because some random mob moved behind you. Regardless of where your cursor is.
b - a necro to pull, or a druid to push everything out of the aoe.
C - a sorc to teleport through and nova everything.
and more.

This skill just takes too much time to pull off to make it practical in a fast-paced multiplayer battle. Rogues repping ROA look like slow loris’ next to every other class.
In a legion event for example, I’d say 50% or greater of the casts on this ability just completely miss every target for these reasons.

Makes ROA seem kinda lame when compared to something like “Landslide”.
it’s just too slow to use practically in most situations.
(Are there even any other ultimates that have a casting time?)

Edit/P.S. - It might also alleviate the complaints about the CD if you could actually be accurate with it and not randomly waste casts of an ability that has a notable CD.

2 Likes

I think this is weird too, and even more so than maybe you’re laying out here…

Consider that Druid pushing things out of the way, and if it’s a Trampleslide Druid, they’re followed with a room-clearing AOE of Landslides that hit a huge area… Ok, but: Landslide is not an aoe per se. Landslide on its own is single-target/can tag a few targets at once, if they’re clustered. The AoE iteration of landslide is attached to Trample via a legendary aspect – which goes directly to your point even more strongly, like so:

An optional add-on (Aspect of the Trampled Earth) to another totally different defensive skill (Trample) totally outperforms RoA in terms of area and without a casting time, which is another class’s ULT that they put points into. That’s pretty wack.

Let me say it again, even more simply for clarity: a Druid core skill added as a bolt on to a Druid defensive skill beats a Rogue Ult.

2 Likes

Thanks for that, I’m not well versed in Druid, so it’s nice to have an SME on board :slight_smile: