RIP my RTX 3080 Ti

Played the game for long hours on my Gigabyte 3090 Aorus Master, even played whole Saturday night, no issues. I played maxed out 4K DLSS, didn’t felt stutters too though I think stutters are mostly related to game being too VRAM hungry and 3090 has 24 gigs of VRAM so that’s hard to fill but sorry to hear this happened to a lot of the players, certainly scary though I would advice people to check their card temps regularly. Mine has a beefy cooler and it never went above 70.

Happened to me last night; been troubleshooting all day with VGA error light on while my 3080 TI is in the machine. Fans spin on the gpu and it lights up, yet will not display anymore. Integrated graphics card displays fine, and so does my 980 ti from my old rig. Sucks; just built this two months ago and have had no issues until the final day of the beta. I played a decent amount as well up until that point.

The game uses more than 12gb vram on texture high, clearly a bug,even on 1080p, the main cause of stuttering and freezing, so was advisable using medium. Did you monitir your max fps? At 170 fps i had no problems, but going higher temps could rise significantly if there is no proper cooling especially at 4k. I played on 1080p. This game is not so heavy, and is well optmized, hogwarths legacy is much worse, it runs like shit even on low quality

Same happened to me as well but my GPU is fine rtx 3080 12gb.Im scared to play again D4 :X.

Honestly, I played at 1440p at max settings medium textures the entire beta. My GPU never got above 60c and the load was 72% load max.

Anyways hope the OP gets there card replaced, when you get the new card make sure to check your thermals, cooling and power supply. You clearly have a problem and or just had a defective card.

GTX970 and no problem at all playing the game! I was going to upgrade my graphic card but think i’m gonna stick with it for now! lol

Exactly the same for me. The rgb lights up, fans are spinning, but no display

I have a Gigabyte RTX 3080ti gaming oc 12gb card. I did not play the game but suspecting this card has a flaw or something. Mine just come back from RMA as my pc died and had white led lit on motherboard. Put in gtx 1070ti and no problems with that. So they sent it back with a note they could not find any problem with the card. I installed the card and to my surprise it booted fine. Happy days I said and carried on. But every game had low FPS and my usual VR settings struggled to keep up the FPS as well. So after monitoring temps…etc. I spotted that ONE OF THE TWO POWER INPUTS NOT PULLING PROPER WATTAGE. PCI slot was fine around 65w, power cable input 1 159w but power cable input 2 not going above 2watts. Total card power 220-230w. And most times core clock is below 1Ghz. Or only goes up to around 1600mhz if the card is lightly loaded with low graphic settings.
So I am suspecting this type of Gigabyte 3080 ti card power delivery has a flaw somewhere.

New World all over again?

So funny thing here, my ibuypower 3080ti “bricked”, but my Razer blade 14 laptop 3080 had no issues. I’d like a replacement video card please, not a refund.

Looking through this post it seems that the only card being affected is the RTX**80 (TI) line up of cards while all others are unaffected. This screams manufacturing defect. You should all be requesting an RMA if you’ve not bricked it by disabling the safety features and unsustainable overclocks.

1 Like

Gigabyte 3080 TI here, 531.26 driver, fps capped via Riva tuner + Nvidia control panel, never overclocked it. Played like 20-30 hours into beta, got one black screen + fans full power while I was afk in the dungeon I think. Card survived. Checked temperatures during next 7-8 hours after the black screen - everything was fine, max around 70 C i think. But still scared to play beta on 24 after reading all the topics.

Yes, it seems that the 3080 Ti, especially from Gigabyte, is more prone to having defects.
The technician already repaired my graphics card, in which the DrMOS had burned out. The technician replaced the damaged DrMOS and installed additional fuses for the power supply. They also replaced the thermal pads on the memory, which were in poor condition. Additionally, the technician re-soldered all the DrMOS of the power and memory phases using leaded solder.

I hope there won’t be such a problem in the open beta. I’d like to try playing as a necromancer and a druid.
I don’t want anyone to experience this. I sympathize with those who have this problem.

People didnt forget about the new world issue, but it was the same like in this case beeing a manufacturer problem.

If the GPU would work as intended it would throttle itself before getting to the point burning itself. Its not the fault of the software in such cases, even if they could prevent those bad manufactured GPUs by setting max framelimits ingame.

1 Like

i was waiting for the open beta like an idiot … butmthe last days more reports… even youtube videos warning about rtx30 cards specialy with gigabyte …

well i have an 12gb version of an 3060 here from GIGABYTE …

i think i pass on this game till theres an fix to that … it will be hard and “should i try my luck” comes back and back …but having no pc for weeks while card is broken and waiting for replacement or repairs… …specialy gigabyte …there not known for good customer relations and i would ahve to send it in from germany …

i used nvidia controll pannel under 3d options and set max fps globaly to 60 … hope thats enough its only an 3060 with 12gb but from gigabyte… this new pc with 13700 is not even 1 month old …

i realy fear to play the open beta i waited for so long …

I also locked my fps, and also using power limit in MSI afterburner or Geforce Experience should be a good idea ( most people recommend 75-80% limit i believe). But still gonna wait at least until march 25 to check if any new reports will pop up after the launch

Blue post on US forums

2 Likes

It’s not about defending Blizzard… if plenty brands & models were also affected by sudden massive over usual statistics values GPU RIP, then we may indeed begin to question ourselves about Diablo IV’s responsability. But if the issue is statistically over-affecting a specific brand/model, then the chance it’s a bad component issue used for a series of cards or poor hardware design issue (not counting the possibility of user’s responsability in case of unsupported overclocking, having tons of dust, etc.).

Hardware manufacturers are supposed to design solid & reliable security systems (for sure, it never excludes accidents), and every piece of high priced hardware is supposed to pass quality assurance tests before leaving to manufactury. Demanding softwares should never cause harm to GPU (it’s not like a malware designed to continuously write data on an HDD/SDD which has a limited number of write cycles limits & which may finally really cause hardware damage).

For sure a GPU has mecanical pieces too (fans), but they are supposed to be designed to work at 100% for very long, and again there should be a robust hardware security system causing the GPU to enter into throttle mode in case suddenly the temperature begins to get too hot comparated to the max. temp. it’s supposed to handle.

However, now there are enough reports about such a specific issue, Blizzard has to react, to avoid having more casualties, for example in the first stage, detecting the model of the installed GPU & if possible the manufacturer (GPU-Z can do that but seems to require administrator right to work, but I don’t know if admin is needed for that specific feature or for another reason), and if the potential deadly combo is detect, take some action : either refuse to launchs the game or force a very reduced performance (e.g. very low fps/reduced quality/etc.) for these cards at the “potentially dangerous places” and probably work with Nvidia and/or Gygabyte to find a better solution on the long term.

In the case of New World it was no fps limitation in loading screens wich instantly fried the gpus. The entire RTX series seems to have lackluster savety precautions and poor manufacturing. My other 3070 bricked the other day due to overheating. I have a new one now, 2 in fact and gigabyte seems to be one of the worst manufacturers in that regard.

When the prices for gpus skyrocketed manufacturers apparently went into mass production without any regards to quality or longevity of their products. The only thing i can recommend to everyone is buying asus products, they have never failed me. Avoid gigabyte at all costs.