RIP my RTX 3080 Ti

Running on a 1060 with no sweat

Ti or normal 3080? And what Brand? Thats importend to know for data gathering.

Gigabyte Aorus Master Rtx 3080 here. No problems so far. played for around 10-12 hours i think. Only thing I saw was stuttering because of 100% vram usage, turning down texture details to medium helped a lot, everything else on ultra at 1440p with 144fps limit. Temperature was around 70c most of the time.

1 Like

guys, a game can not burn a GPU even if the developers try intentionally to do that. e.g. benchmark tools stress GPU at maximum…
if you have issues with your GPU cooling(not cleaned of dust since long time…) then might be to have issues like that but is not the game fault.

recomandation: using MSI Afterburner you can set a maximum GPU temperature, I set for my 1060 6GB max 70degrees so never go above, MSI afterburner automatically underclock it when this would happen.

2 Likes

:joy: what is this the new New World? Killing RTX3000 cards all over again.
Seems like there is a bigger problem with 3000s than we thought. These cards seem to run on the edge, i ´m glad i swapped my 3090 for 4090. wattage spikes with 3000 was insane.
For 3000 users is would suggest undervolting your card and capping fps on singleplayer games.

Hi All,

So i have had to retype this so many times and i dont want to feed the internet trolls. There is a issue here users with 3080Ti cards are dying from this game me and a friend both have same cards and both are now dead from the same game.

If you do not have the issue that is great then this thread is not for you we don’t need a argument we are trying to put information out so others are aware of the issue and do not have to go through this.

Seems to be a gigabyte issue from what i can see and I super hope that Blizzard actually reads this acknowledges it and gets back to users who got this issue. Man up own your issues as a business.

This does not need to start a issue of negative backlash but we need feedback on this. I have tested my card in 2 other systems and its 100% dead. The card never went over 72 degrees when playing the game and i have a decent power supply and system. I have had this card 5 months. I play way more demanding title games from a GFX point of view and the card is perfect. The game introduced a issue that lead to this and needs to be address.

As a long time Diablo\Blizzard support this needs to be addressed and users need to have health feedback on a way forwards and how we can get our cards replaced.

Regards
Shaun

4 Likes

Funny too see all these comments i got a 1050ti XD and my pc did not crash only 2 or 3 character logout and i was able to do the world twice with no lag spike

There are many reports about this problem this is not a trolling attempt from one person. I remember one of the case when my old GPU started to dying. I did not get errors and BSOD only from one game but I had crashes even while I was playing with Wow or just reading news.

A very strange and terrifying issue happened with my PC yesterday I never experienced anything like this before. And my config is very stable I don’t have any problems with other games. I was playing with other games for hours without any issue after the D4 crash yesterday.

This has got nothing to do with the game. You guys need to use after burner and monitor the speed and temps of your cards. I played it on my 3080.(palit) I have it undervolted with custom fan curve. Never crashed. Ran butter smooth.

Games like these show you the stability of your build.

First I heard about a card burning up but the game definitely is not optimized… suffers from major memory leak issues. I had to crank up my page file memory to keep it from crashing and I have a 2080 ti with 32gb of RAM.

I don’t get why people are fanboying so hard for Blizzard as to ignore the obvious - there’s just too many reports for it to not be a factor, and it’s very specific - Gigabyte 3080TI is hit the hardest, but it can hit 3080TI’s in general.

etc. etc. etc.

It’s a technical support forum; if there’s an issue with what the game is doing on certain hardware, then it needs reporting and fixing. It’s not a knock on the game; stop being weirdly offended about a product. If it works for you, great. But don’t bury your head in the sand and pretend literally hundreds of reports on one specific issue doesn’t exist because you personally just don’t want it to exist.

3 Likes

Im running 3060 ti played 6-7 hrs no problem

No problem so far running a EVGA RTX 3070 TI ultra, 64 gb ddr5, Intel 12th generation i7, MSI carbon motherboard

3050ti here and havent closed out of game since launch except for disconnects to which i restarted and sat in que for about 15-20 min and leaving idol in town while i slept and no issues at all…

Same but I have 3060 ti , I just played 12 hours straight and I’m still waiting to crash to go sleep…

I went and did some measuring just out of curiosity that people claiming that their GPUs fried of overheat/powerdraw etc.

Running GameRock 3080 TI OC with i7-8700K and 750W power supply
GPU driver 528.02
Config was everything ultra, 1440p, DLSS OFF, fps cap 150

CPU utilization peak at 80% average about 60%

GPU utilization peak around 60% and average 45%
GPU temp max 61 celsius after 60 minutes of play

FPS was 120 average ± 20. Not even close to 150 and not close to 100% either

Whole computer maximum powerdraw from wall was 452 W so not even close to limit.

In normal play exluding glitches etc it’s very unlikely to overheat and fry your system.
But it only takes one bad endless loop in edge case to fry your stuff without safeguards so.

But it’s not the games fault Nvidia let’s these issues cause your system harm… CPUs bluescreen when they overdrive, what nvidia and amd has done lately is just puff out some smoke…

I have the same card as well and havnt had the issue either

I just want to chime in:

The game is crashing constantly on my Gigabyte 3080ti Gaming OC. Due to a driver set cap of 143 fps and a in-game set cap of 142 fps, good cooling (O11 Dynamic packed with fans) and slight undervolt via MSI Afterburner the GPU is still working but beacause of the crashes barely enjoyable.
No problems so far on a second PC with a RTX A2000.

1 Like

On mine liquid cooling set 50°. Highest I have ever seen. Definitely high usage of cpu and gpu.

Chiming in here on yet another thread for this. I had a similar experience with my 4080 but luckily it didn’t fry but I heard the fans, looked at my numbers and immediately smelt something so forced shutdown. For some reason something wiped my streamdeck clean and reset it back up then went into the beta the next day and turned eveything to medium just to be safe. Still intensive but functional afterwards.

Very scary experience and what’s even more disgusting is the user’s who aren’t facing the issue saying it’s not a problem. That’s great you’re not having it or how your 1060ti on low settings aren’t facing issues, cool story bro now go tell it to someone who cares. It’s no different than the psu connections burning, very small scale of affected users but it was happening.

For those that missed it, there was a blue post on another thread saying that they recommend contacting the manufacturer of your card. I have seen the overwhelming number of Giga cards that have been affected but not soley. My card is Asus Strix 4080OC but luckily not fried but my heart goes out to the unlucky ones who lost theirs.

I’m not saying what caused the issue as I had very little time to react but this has never happened or even come close in my history of gaming. Closest was overclocking too much and wouldn’t post. All we know at this time, it all happened while playing this beta. So if running all other games on Max 4k with no issues or high fan speeds or temp, pretty safe to say the game was involved to SOME degree.

End rant.

4 Likes