Tempest Roar - is my druid bugged?

So…

I’m 25% off level 100. I’ve been farming Nightmare Dungeons since level 68…and tried to farm Canibal/Cultist families as much as possible, for the increase helmet drop chances.
I have yet to see Tempest Roar drop.
Worst part is, I have gotten every other single Unique available to druids, atleast 5+ times.
Even worse part… I’ve gotten the Earth/Bear helmet 11 times in a row.
Assuming there is a 50/50 chance that unique helmets can either be TR or Vasi… That gives me a 1/2048 chance of this being the case. (Assuming we dont count Shako and Andy as possible drops, cause of their low drop chance)…
0,05% chance… that my unique helm drops have not rolled Tempest Roar…

How is this possible?
Is my druids ID, just not able to receive Tempest Roar?

2 Likes

If you run dungeons that won’t drop it then you can run them forever…

I was blessed i got it yesterday right before i wanted to go to end the day. Got it from end reward of NM dungeon tier 24.

The drop rate is very low indeed, keep farming all i can say.

Good luck.

Bro… I got 1 Tempest Roar at like lvl 54… I’m almost lvl 100 and still waiting for another one… I really don’t know what the hell is the problem with Druids and our Unique drop really… Been playing with other friends that have other classes and I don’t see them having the same problems as I do. For curiosity @Trixcode have you by any chance found Temerity for example ?

1 Like

@K1ng

Yeah, I’ve found it once on my Barb… and twice on my druid.

The thing is… I had friends who found Tempest Roar equal to, or more times than Vasi.

Same here. I haven’t seen it and I am lvl 80, farming NM, Helltides helm and mystery chests for days now. I only get crap legendary items which I instantly salvage, I feel overburned trying to find this helm and doesn’t drops. Tbh I found 2 staff of crones but no tempest roar.

Btw I was farming cultists etc who theoretically drop more helms but I didn’t notice that tbh. I saw more weapons than helms from these groups.

Yeah. I’ve tried other farms as well…

Just got my 12th Vasi now… so 0,025% chance that the 50/50 outcome hits the same thing 12 times…

I swapped away from Pulvertize to Bulwark Crone now… atleast its a little fresh breath of air. But I won’t see any shot of doing Echo Lilith (unless I plan to fight her for x4-5 duration) before I get my Tornado wolf build going. Everything else has been ready… but no Tempest Roar still.

3 Likes

No luck here, been farming pretty hard for the past 5-6 days with more hours in per day then I would like to admit. Would be a fun build to try and the fact I am getting closer to 100 is starting to frustrate me since I do not see myself playing a character post 100 due to lack of content that I haven’t been doing already for the last 50 levels. Good luck on your drop, hope you are able to get it before you switch to another class!

2 Likes

for measure…

im level 100, been 100 for 3 days and spent 3-4h the past 3 days target farming cultists and cannibals but i still do not have the tempest roar.

i did nightmare dungeons exclusively from lvl 62 to 100. so all the anecdotal evidence of people getting them from nightmare dungeons; not sure about that. in fact, i continued to run so many more nightmare dungeons after hitting 100 to help friends level that i have 10 level 21 glyphs. and still no tempest roar.

i’ve gotten 9 staffs of crone, 7 waxing gibbous’s, countless vasily’s/mad wolves/insatiable/hunter’s zenith/butcher’s cleaver. 5 penitent greaves, a couple of token fists of fate, temerities, and storm pants. i think i have gotten multiples of every single unique that can possibly drop for druids other than the ultra rares.

i run around town and events looking at lvl 67, lvl 74 druids with their tempest roars and wonder if this is by design. that blizzard made a build you could only enjoy if the RNG was kind to you.

I keep hearing horror stories like this, but yet see a level 62 Druid in my guild get the helmet on a run with me in Cut Ref, then gets 3 more over the next 2 days. Enough to make someone go mad :smiley:

I farmed only cultist refuge, and got it eventually.

Try to farm dungeons with cultists and cannibals, exclusively, as they have more chances to drop helmets.

1 Like

I still maintain that all the druids that were. level 70 or more we have problems after the patches.
If we see the people who comment that they have the tempest road, they are people who are running NMD like you. but all of us who are almost level 100 (95 in my case) cannot get that drop.
something is not right with the druids we were high lvl before the patches.

Yeah i know what you mean.

since this post i leveled a bit, 89 now doing non stop t50’s NMD’s and did not find one again, also all other stats you need from legendaries do not drop, get tons of stuff but grizly rage or tornado seeker they won’t drop either. Very difficult to get into min/maxing if you don’t get them.

I run t50 in like 5 minutes 10 max if i get a terrible one, past week, lol maybe 1 good drop, rare or legendary or even unique.

Non-stop targeted 50-55 NM dungeons from level 90, hit 100 and about 20 hours since, still no Tempest Roar. I have had 8 Vasily’s so far.

edit: 20h later it dropped from tier 55 NM Conclave as an end reward. Don’t give up hope!

Same thing here, i just got another TR, it’s my third one, also lowest ipower of all but highest stats so i’m happy.

Also doing T50-55 NMD’s

Just got the Tempest Roar from Dead Mans Dredge (NM lvl 40 in a chest). First time drop for this item, for me, after 300h+.