The Truth About Diablo IV

The steam community is a troll infested cesspool of toxicity, steam reviews have zero credibility. At least on these forums you know people are somewhat serious about the game, simply because they bothered to use the official forums instead of steam.

1 Like

Completely agree it’s not just D4 but nearly every bigger game forum. We do try too defend it, I know it still needs improvement but Season 4 is fixing some of my problems with it.

1 Like

There is no doubt the AAA industry is in the toilet, but as someone who frequently play said AAA games if nothing else, then at least to see for myself and form my own oppinion, i certainly feel like people have a tendency to overreact and stir up drama for the sake of stirring up drama. Apparently its more fun to review bomb and make meanspirited memes than to just enjoy things for what they are. All aboard the hate train, right?

1 Like

At the end Season one I honestly wanted to quit. I didn’t because the developers where listening and fixing it.

it will take time and some patience, somethings lacking with a lot of players on Steam.

1 Like

But is that right though? It’s as though you’re almost accepting that it’s fine for triple A companies to release half-baked games and just wait for them to ‘make it better’.

We’ve begun to accept this as the norm and I don’t think it’s right.

I can use one of my fav games for example, PES, which would see a new version released every Sept and since we basically moved away from CD-roms (maybe around 2009/10), to downloading directly, the game would arrive a broken mess, bugs, wrong kits, fake team names, glitches, clunky mechanics etc etc. Just a royal mess and what began to happen is that over the course of the next year they (Konami) would slowly patch the game and it would roughly take a full year to get it to an acceptable quality just in time for the new release and the whole process would be repeated! In fact this would lead PES fans to take things into their own hands and start creating their own patches which would, a lot of the time address and improve things at a quicker pace than the official company’s own work.

I don’t think that behaviour is right, not one bit - not from Konami or any other triple A company. But they kept doing it because we accepted it.

If course its not right, but what are we gonna do about it? As nobel and heroic as it sounds to sand united against it together, thats just not gonna happen, we all talk about it, but hell, we all bought the game anyway, thats how it always goes, we all share the blame for letting this happen, best we can do now is make the most of it.
To use your own example, PES, you would rather fix the game yourselves than not play the game at all. We are consumers, and as much as we would like to tell ourselves otherwise, we would rather consume something than nothing, even if that something isnt up to the standard we expect.

The companies dont care either, AAA companies these days are run by suits with zero interest in games, its all money to them, and if a game flops or undersell, they just cut their losses, shut down the studio and move on to the next thing. How many great studios has been bought and shut down in recent years?
Sure they might throw some pr stunt at us from time to time, make an apology, toss out a freebie or fix a few problems, but not long after, they are right back at it, cutting corners and screwing people over one way or another.

Im not happy about any of this, but im not gonna loose any sleep over it either.
At the end of the day, video games are just entertainment, they are not essential to our survival, they are luxury. If a few bugs and greedy microtransactions are the biggest problems we have, we should concider ourselves lucky, thats why i say enjoy things for what they are, because it doesnt make a difference either way.