Tracking all missing transmogs in the game

Transposed to the US Forums’ Bug Report section here: Missing Transmogs: Thread tracking all missing transmogs in the game - PC Bug Report - Diablo IV Forums

Curated List of Missing Transmogs
Here is an imgur album with all the items missing so far:

https://imgur.com/a/SpRrv2s

Every entry on this list is for an item that, when scrapped, will not unlock the relevant transmog. Every item that is named on the missing list also has accompanying icon or item pictures in the imgur album.

1H Swords:

• Short Sword/ Shortsword - Shares name with existing transmog.
  • Forgotten Sword - First reported by Demigod, I’ve confirmed.
  • Boot Blade - First reported by Dans, I’ve confirmed.

2H Swords:

• Two-Handed Sword - Shares name with existing transmog.

1H Maces:

• Club x2 - Two different looks, both missing.

2H Maces:

• Hammer

2H Staves:

• Bone Staff - Despite its name, it’s a wooden staff, early game druid quest reward; assuming it’s the wood staff Grump mentioned.
  • Staff
  • LawfulGood has mentioned other stave transmogs, I will add as I find them.

1H Totems (off hand):

• Dreamwhisper Totem - Also encountered by Grump and Koson.
  • Primitive Totem - Haven’t been able to equip due to level restrictions.
  • Crude Totem??? - First reported by Grump, haven’t been able to pick one up yet to confirm, but the description given, “a horn”, makes Crude Totem the likely candidate.
  • LawfulGood has mentioned other missing totem transmogs, I will add as I find them, or if I’m given names.

1H Focus (off hand):

• Relic Skull - Shares name with existing transmog; we get this early in the tutorial; pretty sure this is the same one Illithiss found.
  • DOMN has mentioned other foci, I will add as I find them.
  • Birthright??? - On the post mentioned by Jesseress, this focus is mentioned, haven’t been able to find it online though.

Crossbows:

• Crossbow
  • Simple Crossbow
  • Arbalest
  • Siege Crossbow
  • War Crossbow

2H Axes:

• Rizaidon has mentioned scrapping a legendary that didn’t get added to transmog options, if I get description or further information.

Armor:

• EliteKnight mentioned another helm missing from loot table, checking the rest of the armour on the screenshot, it looks to be the simply-named set (Tunic, Gloves, Trousers, Heavy Boots), which would make the missing item “Cap”, which I’ve found on Diablo.cc, but not in game so far. Link here:
https://diablo4.cc/Cap

Unique Weapons:

• Bloodless Scream - Missing 2H Scythe Unique first reported by Zah, corroborated by OldVamp and Koson, haven’t been able to pick one up yet to confirm.
  • Windforce - Missing Bow Unique.
  • Condemnation - Missing Dagger Unique.
  • Asheara’s Khanjar - Missing Dagger Unique.

Unique Armor:

• Deathless Visage - Missing Helmed Unique first reported by Koson, haven’t been able to pick one up yet to confirm.
  • RealHawk has mentioned a helmet called Redemial Helmet, I suspect this is the randomised name rather than the name of the base item, as I can’t find it on any item database. I’ll track for now and update if I get further information.

Confirmed Obtainable:

• War Sword - I was able to get the transmog via Broad Sword, unsure on Class.
  • Outsider’s Tunic - It’s been confirmed by Koson and Chungis that it transmogs into Etched Jacket.
  • Giant Sword - Previously added, it’s one of the items that only a subset of the classes that can wield it can unlock it, as reported by Alchemy. In this case, I think the class was Necromancer.
  • Rondel - Previously added, it’s one of the items that only a subset of the classes that can wield it can unlock it, as reported by Alchemy. I forget which Class unlocked it. The transmog is for Anlace, and that is the item that unlocks the look afaik. Jesseress encountered the same issue.
  • Fiendish Folio - Also known as Spellbook; previously added, it’s one of the items that only a subset of the classes that use that weapon type can unlock, as reported by Alchemy and confirmed by Koson. Only unlockable and usable by Sorcerers.
  • Stiletto - Previously added, it’s one of the items that only a subset of the classes that use that weapon type can unlock, as reported by Alchemy. I forget which Class unlocked it.
  • Keepsake - It’s one of the items that only a subset of the classes that use that weapon type can unlock, as reported by Alchemy. I believe Necromancers can unlock it.
  • Augur - It’s one of the items that only a subset of the classes that use that weapon type can unlock, as reported by Alchemy. I believe Necromancers can unlock it.
  • Conjuration Wand - First reported by Illithiss, Koson reported Necromancers can unlock it, and I’ve confirmed.
  • Eyes in the Dark - Missing Unique first reported by Marcaum, Dizzeeyo has stated they scrap into Runic Leggings, and I have confirmed.
  • Helm - Previously impossible to receive transmog when scrapping, this has been fixed as of 1.1.0a! First reported by Trenbolone, confirmed by me.

Edit, 19/07/2023:
Huge update, Helm is now fixed and transmogable! This is the first item on this list that’s been fixed, so hopefully we’ll get all of them done eventually!

Edit, 15/07/2023:
Apologies for the long hiatus, I’ve been getting ready for Season 1 and racking up some extra items to update!

I’ve added a few new items I’ve found, removed items confirmed obtainable, and collated the information you’ve provided.

Updated list of root causes for why we’re seeing some issues getting transmogs:

• I already documented how there are multiple items with the same name missing transmogs. This could be causing the database item name to be associated only with one look, and once you’ve unlocked one, you can’t unlock the other.
  • With War Sword and Broad Sword, I’ve also found how two different base items have the same cosmetic; incidentally there’s also another War Sword cosmetic. War Sword unlocked one look, and I couldn’t get the other War Sword look until I got a different base item with the same look, Broad Sword. This was hinted at by Illithiss.
  • We’ve also encountered another issue, where some transmogs are only available when an item is scrapped by specific classes, even if the item itself can be used by others, as Alchemy pointed out.The UI does demonstrate this though, so it’s not a bug.
  • It has been mentioned by Koson and humgawz before, but as well as some items only being available to transmog by some classes as mentioned in the last edit, some weapons are only usable by a subset of the classes able to wield that weapon type.
    Whilst this is the case for all armour (understandable due to different models for each class), and thus consistent, it’s very inconsistent for weapons, and should be rectified so we either use ALL transmogs for weapons available of a specific type OR each class gets different transmogs for every weapon entry.
  • To add to the above, sometimes, the same weapon will have different looks for different classes, such as the Bone Staff (on the list), it’s a tree branch for Druid, but the icon is the same as the Rough Staff for Sorcerer.
  • When it comes to Uniques, the only ones I’ve been able to scrap into a Transmog are those that share a look with non-unique items. It’s possible that they don’t want Uniques to be transmogable, but if so all uniques should BE unique in look; alternatively, make all transmogs available, the inconsistency is baffling.
    -In some cases, it’s possible it’s just completely missing from the transmog system currently, as is probably the case with the Helm item that started this thread.
  • And finally, it’s possible it’s just completely missing from the drop tables as well as transmog system, as is probably the case with the Cap item, as first reported by EliteKnight.

Whilst this is disappointing, please don’t let the large list of issues found discourage you or stop you from enjoying the game! This game’s development is a huge undertaking, and I hope that we’ll be able to get every entry above addressed in time.

Edit, 22/06/2023:
To assist in identifying the items, I’ve uploaded their images to imgur, and reformated the post so it’s easier to read.

I think I’m getting closer to identifiying a few different root causes for why we’re seeing some issues getting transmogs. This is speculation, but data-backed.

In regards to the how War Sword and Broad Sword share the same skin, I’ve collated screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/a0ICNb9

Edit, 12/06/2023:
I’ve not found any other armor yet, but I have added a few more weapons.
I’m marking your names from comments down below where they line up with suspected missing entries.
Also seems like no one at Blizzard likes Crossbows, they account for the most missed so far, but maybe that’s just 'cause I’m playing Rogue atm.
As far as I can tell, all armour is shared between classes, but the same base item transmog looks different.
I’ve also found some transmogs are only available if specific classes scrap it, even if the item itself can be used by multiple classes, as Alchemy pointed out. I’ve removed those that were false positives.

Edit, 05/06/2023:

I’ve gone through each character, cataloguing the items that don’t produce transmogs. I’ll update as I find others, hopefully we can get a patch to fix them all. The names used are in the ones that show on the transmog screen if you hover over the item.

Original Post:

I played the game through the beta, and I’ve been getting back into it.

I was scrapping some items, and checking what looks I’d unlocked, and realised there’s at least one item that isn’t properly being added to the Rogue’s Transmog list.

It’s named “Helm”, and if you have it equiped, you can edit it, but you can’t apply the look to any other helmet, and it doesn’t have the pickaxe scrap tooltip if you take it to the blacksmith.

Small bug, but worth a fix?

9 Likes

Same problem here, with all the Sorcerer Focus

2 Likes

Same here With Necro head that looks like a Crown

4 Likes

I’ve created a list and added both the edits you mentioned, I’ll try and keep the list updated if I find new ones or more people comment.

I have a focus that uses the wrong ‘skin’.

The default in my wardrobe says ‘blood orb’, but it uses the ‘spellbook’ skin.
(For some reason it detransmogs every time I equip ANY new piece of equipment, too.)

I’m pretty sure I’ve unlocked the ‘keepsake’ (Little golden box), the crowned skull (don’t know the actual name) and the ‘blood orb’ already. When I take them to the scrapper it doesn’t say that it’ll unlock the transmog on scrapping.

Edit: I’m also missing the ‘conjuration wand’ transmog. (Looks like the rudimentary wand, but with a handle and braided gold piece.)

Edit2: Yeah, there’s something seriously wrong with the transmog system.
I just got a ‘blood orb’ focus and it says the default skin is ‘relic skull’.

Can confirm that Necromancers can not transmog the “Crown” Helmet.

1 Like

Both the “Helm” and the “Outsider’s Tunic” did not unlock for my Necromancer.

1 Like

My wife and I are missing a bunch too; couple headgear options for her sorceress and my druid, a couple of my totems, a couple staves for her (dunno about focuses as she tends to stick to a staff).

This is Sue’s been around since the early betas but hasn’t been addressed in any way that we’ve seen.

I’m missing the transmog for Forgotten Sword on my Barbarian, haven’t seen any reports of the same experience for others though. Would be nice to get it fixed though, I like that rugged sword look.

Same for me with the helm, same helm missing for Sorcerer, Necromancer, Rogue, and Barbarian. It’s a good looking helm, too.

Some off-hand foci will go for transmog at the blacksmith with the sorcerer but not the necromancer, and vice versa

What do I do? I have so many focus things but it won’t let me even go into the slot

Playing druid right now, its the basic wood staff, which is missing, I like it quite a lot and a few totems, good looking totems :frowning: Like one is a horn and the other a dream whisperer totem.

Edit: I want this helmet, why Blizzard? :frowning:

https://i.imgur.com/qCGQ37w.jpeg

Weirdly, I found this thread because I googled forgotten sword. I found it as a drop but in my inventory it changed name to Odd Shear. Seems buggy

Thank you for this Alchemy, I’ve been able to scrap a few I thought were unscrappable because they expected a specific class to do it. I’ve removed them (there was no cross-out markup unfortunately)

@DOMN-2318 and @Valk-11313, do check if the same is happening with the foci you can’t scrap. Any I find that are unscrappable I’ll update above as I have with everything else.

Having the same issue, playing on xbox one local co-op. I mark 70% of my inventory as junk, then salvage “all junk” at armorsmith, and 3 popups show “Transmog Unlocked”, yet when I go to wardrobe, i see either;

A. Newly unlocked transmog icon is shining
B. Newly unlocked transmog icon there, but not shining
C. Newly unlocked transmog not there

Perhaps since Im salvaging 15 items at once, its overloading the smith’s capacity in some way?

Maybe its specific items that arent unlocking?

Idk, but i want my cool armor looks!

@doigerooney, Devil’s Advocate here, but maybe you salvaged weapons, but you don’t have the same type equipped? (ie salvaged 1h and 2h club transmogs but you have 2h sword equipped)

I came here from searching “Outsider’s Tunic”. Finally managed to find one in the shop for 82k :') The transmog it gives is called “Etched Jacket”

The 2H Scythe “Bloodless Scream” doesn’t get added either, which is a shame since its a Unique. I got a 2nd one today and tested it - salvaged one, didn’t get the transmog nor is there any mention of it unlocking one in the tooltip. Holding on to the 2nd one until they fix it.

Posted here as well, one of the sorcerer daggers - “rondel” is missing from the transmogs. No idea if the “anlace” version of it is unlockable, but “rondel” definitely is not. There may be some others here: Why do some items not unlock a new look on salvage? - #4 by Jesseress-1420 - Items and Crafting - Diablo IV Forums

I dismantled a legendary 2H axe, but it didn’t get added to the Transmog options, any help Blizzard please :frowning:

1 Like