Upgrade from Standard to Deluxe on XBox

Is is possible to upgrade the standard version of Diablo IV to deluxe before launch?

When I tried via the XBox Store, it looks like I would be charged full price for the deluxe version. Same goes if I select the premium version.

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

I couldn’t say for sure - I have the standard version myself - but the likelihood is that it cant be done with the preorders, I expect.
Perhaps there will be a way after release, and you can pick up the other stuff separately.
Probably the most viable option would be to contact Blizzard Customer Services and explain what you want to do. They could give you a definitive answer.

1 Like

You have to cancel the standard and then order the deluxe. I had to do this myself.

1 Like

Just tested on my ps5 purchase and battlenet, both just wanted the difference.

Don’t have an Xbox since it’s not even comparable to ps5 and my PC has the game pass anyway. So can’t test Xbox.

1 Like

Thank you. I think I’ll wait until after release. I don’t want to risk losing out on the beta rewards. And after all I was just wanting to upgrade to play earlier. Guess I’ll just give my patience a little extra work out.

You shouldnt as it tied to your Battlenet/Live account. I also have beta rewards. But if you feel its better to be safe than sorry, I understand.

Was that comment even necessary?

In any case, I would be interested to know how the policy works on Xbox myself.

1 Like

I explained why I don’t have an xbox, it just had nothing going for it this generation, far weaker games and weaker hardware. So yes, it was, otherwise I would have an xbox. #4head

No worries. It’s easy for me to ignore posts that are biased and/or off point.

Life’s too short to get sucked into silliness.

2 Likes

It’s nice to see people know about life and avoid console wars from trash people.

if you find a way to upgrade edition on xbox let me know too, i may consider too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly. It’s about the games and the hardware.

Just wanted to say to my fellow Xbox folks - I had the same issue. When I went back to the store today (5/30), it had a discounted Ultimate Edition at a price that essentially would be the Ultimate Edition price if you add in the Standard Edition that I already bought, so a total of 99. There wasn’t any such discount for the Deluxe Edition, only for the Ultimate.

I will say it didn’t have me DL anything different after purchase, so I hope it still grants early access. Fingers crossed.

1 Like