15 ranked and 15 battlegrounds wins a week?

Oh my god, it’s been 10 bumpy years but this is a bit insane. The weeklys are the biggest chunk of XP, now you added 1/3 more XP for 3 times more time investment… that’s like 5-15 mins for each ranked game, if you play battlegrounds because (for example it’ll be heroic tavern brawl this week) you don’t want to do tavern, assuming you’re a BG god, that’s still 20-30 mins times 15.

I know people who frequent on these forums usually even have the time to do those times… Tons do not and “then don’t” and “this is the cost” is just an obscenely ignorant answer to such insane increases…

If anyone at Blizz is reading…Please, please do not. Just please no…

6 Likes

I have to stop playing over this and it makes me sad. I just don’t have time to play for that long. gutted actually. day one beta player as well :frowning:

1 Like

The fact they made the requirements 3x harder and rewards not even double is absolutely shocking…would kind of understand if the quests changed from “win 5” to “play 15”, but to win 15 ranked and/or 15 brawls (or BG) is too much for a casual player, considering the rewards went up 20% max :open_mouth:
10 years of playing this game and this is the first time I considered quitting, or at the very least just sticking to BGs from now on… :rage:

2 Likes

I don’t come often here to complain … but what the f is this. I’m a casual player, I won’t be completing these new weekly quests. It is too much. More so when you get a losing streak. I like to play different decks, not spam the OP one of the meta. If this stays the same, I guess ranked play will be over for me. The grind isn’t fun.

2 Likes

Dear fellow gamers, i am too a bit frustrated, but not because of the change itself - i see it as a benefit and i will explain why.
As per my humble opinion such a huge and barely announced change is about money - maybe Q1 was not so successful and the Board wanted to pump up those numbers, trying to get more money from Tavern passes from casuals like me. They will get exactly the opposite - the people, who were a bit annoyed with the game will stop playing (i did it 4 years ago and did not play for 2) and sink the active player numbers, the neutrals like me will go on the negative and as per Hardcores and worshippers - they dont care - but the numbers will not go up. Because i wont buy the pass - it doesnt bring anything of a value to the gameplay - just cosmetics, which are 0s and 1s and with no value to me. And why i see it positive - i always changed the 5 wins Arena and so on quest, now i will change another one, which i disliked (now i hate with 15 wins) and get a doable quest of the same value from before the change and not requesting so much time investment (already did it and got 100 battlecries - done in blink along with the other quests). And if you dont care about ranks and so on, you will get faster to 100 and more, on account of some more time, but not 10 of hours, because the other quests are boosted in xp too. I wont do the math, but it summs better.
Why i am frustrated - because of the dUck move not to acknowledge my effort so far - yesterday i had 4/5 wins and today i have 4/15. You dont make such a change. Either you leave it so until next rotation or you give me 14/15, or at least my earned 80% wins. Same with the other quests. But it is not the first, nor will be the last time - i still have 40gold, that i cant use due to the quest system implementation and removal of the 10gold per 3 wins. It is simple and noble to think about such small things, but noble doesnt cope with profit and why bother? Something to thing about Blizz, ha? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, this is a ridiculous change and certainly not an “improvement”. Especially when I was almost done with 2 of my quests, and now they have doubled or even tripled in requirements.

2 Likes

Blizzard, you are killing your game. Stop.

Not giving any money going forward to HS. I’ve used way too much money over the years, you won’t get a dime until you start making actual good changes. This is ridicolous.

2 Likes

I just don’t get it… why not just turn it into “Play 15 games in ranked mode”? That would take the pressure off and allow casuals to try more fun decks in ranked too… and do reduce the others still please…

Sadly I have this Marvel Snap feeling that if I don’t play my weeklies by this weekend (and I can’t at this rate) I will fall behind on XP with the tavern pass too and I guess the good news is that when us casuals get forced out of the game, you’ll be left with the whales, but that’s like 6% of the non-bot player base. Let’s hope they’ll be playing a long time.

I admit I am clamoring here because nothing will happen before the weekend, but I feel desperate… I don’t want to quit AT ALL, but this deafening silence is a pretty clear message from Blizzard’s part so I guess I get the message and I’m sure once us casuals drop out you’ll see a sharp decrease in these "whiny"posts on the boards in a week or two tops.

yeah as someone whos played since the very start and also have paid quite a bit over the years this is a clear sign to stop spending and possibly stop playing too :frowning: these changes to quests are beyond punishing and as a casual player ive never been more turned off by HS than i am right now

2 Likes

Well, guess I should thank blizzard for ending my addiction to Hearthstone. I’ve been a semi casual player since the start, usually spent money on smaller packages every new season but with the changes to weekly I’m done. I wont try to do 15 wins in a week.

They’re adding a patch that scales down the quests.

Yes they are. It’ll still be more than it is now, but I won’t have more time to play more than I do now still. It probably won’t change much of the end result.

The funny thing is… they did these changes to please those whales who spend so much time in the game that they literally won’t care about the XP increase AT ALL… in exchange they alienated the rest of the community.

1 Like

I am glad that so many people feel the same way about this. From paying customers to people that leave the game. I used to buy the big pre-order packages, I did not spend a single euro on this expansion. And I am so happy I did that…

They still think people will accept the change to halve the problem they created. What kind of aniversary is this? You remove one of the most played modes, and on top of that, change the quests for the triple of the effort for only 20% extra, and then try “to send sand to costumer eyes” decreasing the requirmentes but still not evaluating the time consuming with the reward provided? I value my time better than spend the entire day in a game that is clearly dying. There’s plenty of games out there. I was an avivid Blizzard games consumer, but in perspective In the last 4 years I start spending less and less time with blizzard games. I wonder why…

with significantly higher rewards too

Why are people still complaining? They are reducing the requirements yet keeping the XP increase the same. Or did half of you not even read the announcement?

Yay @Powerslave
Double the work a, what a wonderfull time to play!
As a casual player who have a hard time hitting the 5 wins in ranked, now I have to win twice as much, even if it was twice the reward.

I actually think it is too costly to have hearthstone as F2P, so this way F2P players will stop playing or start spending more to get the cards they need to get the main stream decks so their chances of winning are higher.

Even the extra patch to reduce the wins does not help or make me want to play anymore, let it stay at 5 wins or make it play 10 games instead of win.