About mercenaries, what´s your opinion?

Your roast me thread.

1 Like

I do not understand the opening post, I thought there will be your own opinion :slight_smile:

Well, reading the other threads, it seems there is a lot of bugs :slight_smile:
And I think it will have low replayability. Does not seem so addictive and diverse compared to playing the usual cards.

Looking forward to hear some first impressions as more and more players get a chance to check it out!

As a reminder, please make sure to post any bugs you encounter in the dedicated forums here so they can reach the right people.

Good luck and see you in Mercenaries!

1 Like

i spend all my gold on packs and then realized you need gold to buy buildings including the pvp building so now i can’t build that for like a week…

its really annoying and wish they dindt lock that behind gold or atleast warned us before spending it on packs…

1 Like

I personally find mercenaries extremley boring, but im sure alot of people will enjoy it.

Mercenaries is not a game mode is another game in hearstone client . Its should be relased separately only on moblie .They same unnecessary mode like battgrounds. Both this modes are not related with HS at all. Players just want more heartstone.

1 Like

Well, it’s a combination between battlegrounds and the puzzles in solo adventures.
I enjoy math, but it is really slow for me and I find it boring (or maybe I had high expectations).

I prefer battlegrounds and tavern brawls, as I don’t have strong decks and cannot afford it to be honest. Now with mercenaries, you have to invest to a totally different game. Meh.

Overall, not my cup of tea.

It seems OK… but feels like a mini game with too much effort in it to make players spend their gold. :slight_smile: It has not much benefit to original HS I think… it is just a completely different game mode… It is funny to see card packs in the slot which are actually not HS and opening for a different game mode… It is good to kill some time when you are fed up with ranked matchmaking :slight_smile:

What I find annoying and stupid is that if you play pvp, it doesn’t show your opponent’s 3 possible moves.
So in other words you need to learn all abilities from all mercenaries in order to kind of guess what your opponent might do.

You kind of need this information in order to make proper command tactics

idk, i play this mode for like 2-3 hours e…and i think this can cure insomnia forever. Wait a month and you will see how many people still play it

1 Like

Well, what do you want to hear. It is very well crafted… It is a very well crafted money cow. It is very clearly a pay2win (at least at the beginning) kind of thing.

On the other hand, it is quite often like HS single player content (as mentioned above) - puzzles and stuff. But in the long term run I am afraid that it will get old pretty quickly as it leads to grinding coins for your heroes, as their progress is basically limited by coins (and again - put your hands together for Blizz and their ingenuity how to get money out of rich bored kids) - skills - levelled by coins, treasures/boons - levelled by coins.

Having said that, I kind of enjoy Mercenaries (I bought the small bundle) as it is very relaxing - no stress, no annoying stupid quest decks in Standard - I guess it is like a holiday to me. The same reason I sometimes play Classic mode. No RNG monkey business.

Overall impression: 6/10.

I would like to recommend for next patches to add dmg/healing and other stats for each mercenary at the end of each run, and even all-time stats too. atm the only ending screen info is DEAD merceneries?

Hearthstone deck tracker show opponent possible moves now.
That makes it a lot easier

Greetings!

Now, I am not one of those who engage in PvP or other competitive Modes and I stick to the single player stuff.

The Good:

I like the concept behind it and the implementation of Characters from various factions to put them in a team and trying to figure out which characters have the best synergies.

Another Plus is the construction of my Mercenary Camp which is a good addition to the board. It takes me back to the old days, when I sat in Crossroads with my Horde Guildies around the campfire and sharing stories over good cooked food and some drinks after we ran some Dungeons.

The Bad and the Ugly

The Shop and the Microtransactions. Look, I do understand that the Higher Ups want these predatory practices to happen in each and every game / game mod / whatever you want to call it and turn it into a pay to win Thing. Since the whole CATASTROPHE with the Lootboxes began, it has become a thorn in my eye and I will NEVER support Microtransactions and other predatory practices.

Verdict:

6 / 10 It could be 10 / 10, but the Microtransactions ruined it for me and many other players out there. You want your game to shine and your players to be happy? Get rid of the Microtransactions for good, LEAD BY EXAMPLE and leave the Greed to others, because you don’t need it.

2 Likes

Microtransactions are an economic model and are part of many games nowadays.
I don’t understand this complaint: does the very fact of their existence make the game worse?
Are they forcing you to buy anything? I really don’t think so.

If you scroll to the Blizzard store, they’re also offering a bust of Diablo. Are all Diablo fans required to buy it? No, it’s just merchandise for people who could be interested in this sort of thing.

In Mercenaries, you’re able to unlock everything through gameplay, and some in-game Gold which you acquire daily. And you’re getting a lot of stuff by just completing bounties.

I don’t think there’s any pressure to obtain the best of everything to stay competitive in Mercenaries so you can just unlock new content at your leisure.

So why cant i swap my mercenary ability… its like WOW pet batles cut in half ???

For once I did not pre purchase a hearthstone packs set for this mercenaries game, it really is a new game in itself based loosely on the original hearthstones and I think that it will do well, its very well made & a good concept. I have no idea whether I will play it frequently yet. I have taken a real liking to Battlegrounds in recent months & rarely play normal hearthstones unless there is a quest in which I have to. Thanks Blizz & complements to your design team

When you embark on a bounty hunt, your party is locked in for the remainder of it.

You are right on the point that no one forces me to spend money in the HS Shop and I also understand that this business model is going to stay, but this thing is a thorn in many people’s eyes and I hope that one day, this business model will be prohibited for good. We do not have to agree on this, because it is just my personal oppinion.

You see, I am one of these people who like to belive in the freedom of gaming, but glittering prizes and endless compromises, shatter the illusion of integrity.

Have a good one and stay safe.

oh yeah 50 bucks for this lmao, pre-release. Imagine when you found the money could have been spent in like… Cyberpunk or Sly The Spire.