AFK Players or trolls in Battleground DUOS should get a 72h ban

We require a reputation system to report players who are intentionally AFK or abandon the game, and to impose bans on players with negative reputation who harass or leave during DUOS matches.

Currently, players frequently abandon matches or join with the intention of ruining someone’s game experience.

Additionally, it would be beneficial to clearly indicate to the remaining players when someone abandons the game by displaying a banner stating “safe to leave”.

Irrespective of the reason, a player who abandons or remains AFK during a game should receive a 15-minute cooldown for the first offense, followed by 30 minutes, 45 minutes, and finally 1 hour for subsequent offenses. Players with a poor reputation who are reported and found guilty of abandoning games should face a 72-hour ban.

1 Like

We wrote about this topic on the forum years ago. What do you think happened ?

There was no DUOS a year ago, as far as I know. Single player… they can abandon all they want, but DUOS… no.

I have seen this happening twice to someone else playing a duos match at the same time with me and I’ve sent some sad emojis for the opponents since I get it. It’s annoying. I myself have not been paired with someone who would’ve abandoned the game or deliberately misbehaved.

That being said, Hearthstone disconnects me from all games every now and then. This has been an issue since I started playing years back and there’s not much more I can do about it.

So far I’ve been able to reconnect if this has happened during duos. I need to relaunch battle.net and keep my fingers crossed. Sometimes I get back in the game and sometimes I don’t. One day I know it’s going to happen during a duos too that I won’t be able to rejoin and I’m sorry about this in advance.

It would not feel nice though if I would get banned from the game because of being kicked out since it’s not been intentional.

Typically games can detect when the issue was a server-side and then they won’t ban on that basis.

i think the best way is , if a player is afk for one or two rounds , it gets -100 score and make the ally safe to leave without any minus score , i dont think blizzard bad anyone for this.

I am all for banning trolls and afk people as it ruins other peoples fun for this game I just got out of a game where my team mate picked a hero bought his first card and did nothing after that there needs to be a punshment for this its starting to happen way to offen and 50 mmr rating lose doesn’t do anything to stop them cause there are brake points for mmr we need to be able to report people or block people so we can’t que or see them in lobbys.