Balance and the way certain cards are perceived and cards that limit deck design

Currently there is 4 problematic cards that limit deck building and have bad balance.

1. RENO. whoever designed this remove whole enemy board while limiting summoning space needs to take extra lessons of how design BALANCED card. (should go design toddler toys)

2. Forge of Wills. Stupidity seems to be something design team is good at DONT ADD CARDS THAT CAN CHEAT EXTRA 8/8 at turn 3-4

3. Sif if nature shaman that did 30+ damage at turn 6 was too much so how about deck that can do 45+ damage from hand at turn 8 with this stupid card design.

4. Window shopper dont introduce cards that cheat multiple things. and Dont bring cards that have pool of like 3 for discovery. (if the player would have to discover random 5 cost card it would be fine but demon pool is too small for DH)

For me this has been hell cannot play Whizbang because those decks get crushed by everything.

Cannot climb to legendary with my card pool so i cannot use any Fun deck like Fizbang.

Stuck for weeks on end at Diamond 5 feels about as rewarding as pulling fingernails and not for lack of trying.

Huoh i wanted to have fun with heartstone but seems it is impossible with so many broken cards in pool. (fun and interactive my ***)

When Magic the Gathering standard is more casual than heartstone there is something completely broken on balance of the game.

And i do vote with my wallet no money untill things get LOT better.

P.S these are my opinions and i understand wishing someone to get better education can be seen badly. But i truly think that you should hire more competent people to help and educate the people who designed those 4 cards!

1 Like

I agree that those cards are problematic.

Here are some more:

Ignis: The custom weapons are crazy and have too much value for their cost.

Deepminer Brann and any minions whose effects lasts for the rest of the game.

For Brann speciifically, the tentacles are too powerful with double battlecries , since the pool of high cost spells is too limited and the double effect scales the cost of the cast spell. I don’t think that should be the case.

2 Likes

Hey can we please nerf the mage spell nuker like today i had a ton of minions and even a taunt minion and i had a bit of armor but the mage still got me from 30 plus armor down to zero armor due to a legendary there gives 5+ in spell damage it needs to be nerfed.

deepminer bran should be limit to 1 first battle cry minion you play in a turn, and not through the whole game.

I also think that Sargeras is quite overpowered. He’s by far the strongest of the Titans because of his lingering ability of making permanent taunts. It’s just too powerful.

On that we can agree on maybe send in a dispell card into your opponent’s deck so they can dispell it or into their hand?

yeah, it seems they didn’t learn from the pirate boat with the cannonfire and only overpowered that with an endless portal with taunt minons.
But like i sad before, they mind about a 1 cost minion with 1 attack or health to much, then fix real problems

yea i can’t even get to legend anymore i mean i did with classic with my murloc build but as they ruined classic and won’t even ballance standard and wild i can’t get further than gold 5

Reno is fine the rest yeah are op

nah, reno is to much. It keeps the board too much in your favor. Play with it too, I’m honest, but how often does the opponent manage to move the board to his will, which was actually almost impossible, where you think, well I lost, oh wait look at that here is Reno, and you happily put the board back again to your own hand, that had already been the case for passed 8 turns. I understand that someone, i would have done that my self, presses the give up button, because their entire bag of tricks is gone in one fell swoop.
The problem in that is, that whole heartstone is build up with those kind of cards, and it is just become to easy to swoop the whole board empty with almost no cost.

In my opinion, the use of such a card is linked to the cost of mana, with a maximum of 10.
So for example, there are 4 minions, together they have 7 health, the cost of using the card is 7 mana. If you do not have 7 mana, a random minion remains.

If you use 10 mana, it will be used as the way it is now and it will actually wipe everything away.
I think if they look in that direction and use such a solution, a little more balance will be restored to the game.

Almost every rotation we go through tthe same sing and dance: Discover pools are too small and some Discover cards become too powerful. Anyone remebers Dr. Boom, Mad Genius era? Fun times, eh?

And here we are with cards like Tendrils and Window Shopper. Tho I’d be fine with Window Shopper, it’s just Magtheridon that is busted. If they do not discover 3 in a row you are fine.

Sif is fine, it’s very slow and you can Rat her, get tonnes of armor or increase the spells cost. Odyn is much worse in the same vein IMO but the same counterplays exist.

I certainly disagree about Ignis. If I play couple of hours and I encounter 2 enemies with Ignis that’s already a lot. Usually it’s only run by Odyn Warriors. It is also one of the best tools against Odyn Warriors/Sif Mages around. It is also very slow, you need to spend 2 mana to do nothing, then 4 mana to get 2/4 on the field and then play the actual weapon. The cost of opportunity is high in a meta with Rustro Viper.

Other than that I’d have more problem with bonkers cards like that crazy Beast lication for Hunter or that silly dog summon for Hunter. But YMMV.

Magtheridon is crazy, especially with the mana discount and the ability to go dormant again with Red Card.

One thing I’ve discovered about Reno is this. Pay attention to the wording.
If your opponent plays Reno while he has board presence and you have rush minions in hand, you can play one at a time and trade them in, since it limits you to a single minion on the board at once

Reno is a fun card, though. I don’t think he’s particularly overpowered.

Ignis, if you don’t have or don’t draw your weapon removal, there isn’t much you can do to out-value those 10-cost weapons. Other than freeze your opponent’s face perhaps.