Blizzard, not everyone is angry

No, you got 3.3333333333333333333333333333 gold banked in the cloud ready to be delivered once you had achieved two more wins.

So when you got 3 wins you were rewarded with 9.9999999999999999999 gold.

Blizzard being the kind folks that hey are, rounded up the amount. Blizzard really used to be kind folks given all this free gold out.

Nah I played for 100 years and never won another game so it was worth nothing.

2 Likes

Hate it when then happens, I didnā€™t realise your real name was Connor MaCleod, good to meet you sir.

1 Like

Well I do say: ā€œthere can be only oneā€, every time i play Reno :smile:

2 Likes

Well, if you look at it this way, then your cloud bank account still exists, it just takes more time to withdraw, but you withdraw more now :slight_smile:

1 Like

My favourite deck is Highlander mage, love it big time :wink:

After much contemplation and thinking about this statement it dawned on me.

We can calculate how much xp is worth. Iā€™m at level 30 going to 31. So when I get to 31, thatā€™s 4250/150 which equals 28g.

As we go through the levels, our gold/xp ratio diminishes considerably.

How do you get to the figure that 3000xp = 100g?

Simple.

• High levels give 150 g per 4500 XP
  • new Quests total around 12000 XP/week, old quests 400g/week - the same ratio approximately. Depends on re-rolling and luck with rare quests.

I do not have my excel sheet with calculations close at hand, but I think the ratio increases from 1 XP = 1 gold at level 2 to approx 29 XP/gold at level 150, if you include all the previous levels. Of course the final radio depends on how much you value non-gold rewards. For me, 1 pack = 100 gold, but I am not the usual one in this.

I still donā€™t understand your calculation, quests donā€™t come into it in my opinion. We can just use my method and calculate per level.

I will be very interested to see at the end of the expansion to calculate exact ratio as we can get total xp divide gold earned to see the ratio.

Ok, ignore quests and do it per level. It is easy to do in Excel or OpenOffice Calc, whatever you have. You will see it is increasing up to 29 XP/gold at level 150. Well, it will be more if you do not count packs as 100g of course. I mean this is a number which includes all the previous levels. Raw value at 150 is 30 XP/gold of course.

Oh, I get it now, plus there are two legendaries to factor in as well which will push up the value.

The fog is starting to clear.

Well I have made an excel sheet a few days ago, even made it with formulae to be able to easily change gold values of packs etc. to see different setups.
I think you should not count the first legendary in - it is provided at level 1 where there is no XP requirement. I consider it to be the free legendary they used to give at the expansion launch.

I also track number of days needed for a respective level and calculate XP/day based on that. It is fun to play with this :slight_smile:

less coin is not a bad thing