Bring back 10 gold for 3 wins

But the reward track is much more generous if you put the effort in

Yeah it is now, but before it was really barren and unrewarding.

I still wish we had the 10g but the battlepass is really good now.

I just hope they do something about the cost for the next expansion.

I feel exactly the same, I don’t even play the game anymore, just reroll quests and log off.

Up to and including lvl 50 on the rewards track it feels almost as rewarding as the previous system, more or less. Afterwords, just because they reduced the gold reward to 50g, it’s just grind for nothing. If you complete your dailies, you get 50g every 3rd day. If you play and waste your time to gain xp and reach the lvl, again, waste of time for 50g - which was the bare minimum reward for a daily completed on the day + the extra gold you’d earn for playing, as much as you’d be willing to grind.
Bottom line is, Previously, I was able to enjoy opening a (“free”) pack every day whilst now it happens every 2-3rd day on average.

I think it is loads better now. We earn minimum 13000xp per week with quests which equates to 10 levels. Plus if you play 1 hour a day its approx 400xp x 7 which is another 2800xp.

I am working in roughs here so I think the min you can earn doing quests and playing 1 hour a week is 16000 xp which is about 13 levels which equals 650 gold. I am sure there are other folks on the forum who can give you exact figures and comparisons which will be more accurate.

i have bought the battle pass so the above may be different for F2P players. I tend to reroll quests to get the higher reward quests.

Personally, I think the battle pass is better after level 50 in terms of earning gold. I did have to pay £17 for that privilege along with a boat load more cash for mega bundle and C’Thun bundle.

Yeah, it’s probably capped at 1500, while I was still set on the previously cap of 4500 when thinking about the amount of time to earn that 50g. xD And yes, I’m also running on the extra xp bonus from the bp.

Yeah I did think you made that assumption when I read 50g every 3 days :smile:

It’s basically changed from win 12 games every day to earn 7 packs a week, to play 12 games a day to earn 7 packs a week for F2P players without the battle pass. Extreme simplification but that’s pretty much how it works out.

The weeklies do still make the reward structure lop sided day-to-day, one day you’ll get 50g, the next you might get 300g, all for the same effort.

I guess my genuine question to you is, where you enjoying having to win 12 games every day to open 1 pack? Especially on those days when the wins weren’t coming? Isn’t just having to play 12 games better, even if it means that you get to open 2 packs every 2 days, except 1 a day? Is it a fair trade off for you or was open a pack every day that important?

I do remember 5+ years ago when I was an arena grinder that being short of the 150g meant i might have to grind constructed a bit and can see how that would have been extremely time consuming with the new system…but having said that with the XP being added to arena I would have easily been able to go infinite, so i guess that wouldn’t have been a factor :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just think how awesome it would be if we still got the 10g for 3 wins. It would be epic, I could actually consider buying wild packs, and start rebuilding my wild collection.

One can only dream though :thinking:

1 Like

It’s a fair point of view, especially when comparing with what it used to be like way back.

The only difference is perhaps the habit, the incentive and my instant gratification, on the day, was that opened pack, you know, simply put, imagine dipping your finger in a jar of honey (xD) and just get that instant kick of satisfaction, instead of waiting till the weekend comes and you eat the whole pot. And after a full days work sometimes that’s all you want.
I do agree with you that it may be better overall, and also old habits die hard.

And this, in my opinion, without stripping the current reward system, would make it complete for all of us. Because all would benefit from it casual and f2p alike. And I’m bit of both since I resumed playing HS.

2 Likes

I actually eat all the honey on my days off and go cold turkey around it (I have a weird work schedule). Maybe that’s why I find it easy to gorge on packs once every 4 months :laughing:

1 Like