Cant wait to see the BS hero cards go

I am a fairly new player. I started with the new year, so I have been playing for 3 month give or take, slowly trying to get my collection and one thing I have learnt during that time is that some cards are just BS - I am talking especially Jaina, Guldan and Rexxar. Over time when I became able to make better decks and I learnt to live with Rexxar (I played odd pally for a time), but those other two? Pls get your s----t and get out ASAP. Thx.

PLS bare in mind that this post was written by a person that doesnt have a big collection of cards, struggles to have some leftover dust and is not a wallet warrior.

7 Likes

Yeah they’ve had their time.

They’re not super oppressive to new players but do force them to play aggro to beat them as budget control/value decks just insta lost to the 1 card and the combo options aren’t refined enough to beat the rest of the deck.

Even though I’m sad to see some go (Paladin/Rogue/Warrior), I’d put the other 5* along with Keleseth in my top 6 cards I’m happy to see leave standard, but I’m also fine with them being around in wild for me to use and have better counters to others who use them.

*not enough data to evaluate Shaman.

I think that if anything tells all you need to know about Thrall, Deathseer; it sucks.

Hard.

1 Like

The devs somehow manage to keep and support only mechanics that are bad for the game
inspire? better make more odd/even cards after the witchwood and boomsay proved to be a mess
make more quests?
make more hero cards :> :> :>
print more resurrect for priest, more deathrattle activators for hunter expansion after expansion, but don’t dare support packages like …freeze shaman

Oh man, do I hate Jaina. Ive been playing since october, and Im starting to believe i have some nice cards now. But playing against frost lich Jaina? I might aswell hit the concede button and save myself some time

True but also very rewarding if you still can beat her :slight_smile:

From the old heroes i got jaina rexxar guldan (you can judge me now) and gormash from the adventure and i honestly like to play them in control decks stil dont play them too much at all for exactly that reason.

I also enjoyed playing hunter but atm when everyone plays its just not for me.

Theres nothing worse when on the last brink someone makes a complete comeback through this…

As ixnay said… they had their time

Luckily the new ones arent as close as strong then some of the old ones

not at all, is like trying to open a beer with your mouth, you only manage to break your teeth, for what accomplishment? looking dumb? Right.

When I play a value orientated match I know from the beginning of the grind who’s gonna win, almost always, it doesn’t look like a tight match so I don’t really enjoy it, if there’s a plot twist that might change the outcome I’m mildly interested but otherwise not at all.

Is like applying for a job against the manager’s nephew, son of a very influent something and getting the job…no… that’s actually something I’d be proud of…
it’s like playing a game as a child where the ref is someone else’s father from the opponent team and he’s constantly cheating points and stuff but can’t say you lost when you obviously won, still he tries to find knot in the reed.
fu**k that guy

I do play Hagatha (it is the only hero card I own), but she is nowhere close to what Jaina and Guldan can do - as her effect is very circumstantial and needs to be fed to activate, but when Jaina comes, I usually do hit the “save-me-some-time-and-dignity button” - e.g. Concede.

The worst part is when you have a warlock on the ropes, beat his void lords and all the other stuff and then he bounces back, sucks life out of everything and goes home smiling.

BTW: what is that thing that you can suck 7 lives out of a 1 HP minion? WTH…

1 Like

Did you DE the free one from the frozen throne prologue?

that beer part … is it something that happend to you?

because i wouldnt be that dumb to even come up with that …

is all of that something that happend to you? #

are you ok?

you mean the spellstone?

it doesnt suck life … it deals damge and the user gets life

Funny is how you contradict yourself.
Those cards, you complain about are exactly the ones that allow players to get great value even with a shorot collection. Have the default demons, and use guldan. Or slap some cheap eles and jaina and bam - you have a decent deck, not a great one, but decent enough to bring you to single digit ranks.

Do a google search for “wallet warrior”

As far as reveals go, we are going back to this. And after rotation, you’ll be sad taht you’ve lost those cards, you define as BS, when you see competative decks starting from 12k dust.

Actually, it is not to contradict myself - but as I learnt during early February - there was a rotation coming (I had to find out first what it was, but hey, got that) and by the time I started understanding how much value these cards actually generate, it was getting very late for me to craft them to waste 1200 dust on those.

So I crafted Baku/Genn instead. WOW! Was I sorely mistaken =D But I played odd pally for a while, even though I didnt craft the full deck - exactly for the same reason - not wasting dust on Creepers for example.

Odd pala is still in top 3 T1 decks, even incomplete (and it’s fairly cheap tbh, and flexible enough to swap cards in it, withouth noticing any decrease in power lvl) so… why exactly are you complaining, mate? :slight_smile:

Look, if you are here to stay (in the game, not in the forumz) learn asap that fancy legs rarely = good cards and more wins. Time and time again ppl started a new acc, and brought themselv to leg. just to prove that skill > collections and single cards

Fully agree with this. Legendaries can often help compliment a decks strengths but it’s real strength is the synergy between the cards and how they fit together to achieve your plan of how to win the game. There have been many top tier decks that have achieved this with only 1, 2 or even zero legendaries. Odd paladin is a classic example of this requiring only one legendary in Baku to create an archetype that was strong enough to become one of the longest standing top tier decks in the games history. A few years ago there was an aggro shaman archetype that was extremely strong that didn’t require any legendaries.

From the look of the legendaries we’ve seen so far it seem Blizzard has taken the hint and lowered the power level of individual legendaries a bit so, hopefully, going forward we won’t see game deciding cards like the Frozen Throne deathknights again

RNG will decide past/present/future games if you win or lose. T4, T1 decks, BS decks/cards it doesn’t matter the real King of the game is RNG.

Thats great excuse
not a verry new one, i give you that, but a great excuse
Also fake fact, and probably aplies for the current brawl and super low competative ranks, but the moment you gain the skill to know how wrong the statement is and progress up the ladder, you’ll probably come back and delete the post :wink:

If level 3 (sometimes higher/lower depends how good the rng is :slight_smile: ) counts as low then I agree.

I’m in agreement with Azra here to be honest. Yes RNG plays a significant part in games, but so does deck building and decision machining (of both the cards you build the deck with and in game decisions). Things like holding on to a card for a turn too long or playing one minion/spell over another can have huge impacts on the outcome. I’ve both won and lost games on decisions I’ve made about playing one card or another. Being able to identify what your opponent is playing and how best to use your decks strengths to nullify your opponents.

What separates the great players from the good players is that they understand this and are able to read into the deeper game an play the percentages better, giving them more consistent results. It’s just like poker, you could argue that’s all luck…but if so why do the same players make it to the world championship of poker every year?

There are multiple facets that affect a games outcome besides RNG, only a fool would pretend otherwise.

I do not pretend rng counts for 100%. Would be dumb thinking otherwise.