Covid-19 and and Battlegrounds

Blizzard dont care, they never have. Remember, China drives what blizzard thinks and why would they act any differently to the despicable way that china has through this crisis?

No, it doesn’t, you have to purchase the hole bundle to get BG perks, there is no option to pay it separately, and this is a scam, they force you to pay. I don’t play anything besides BGs, why should I pay that much?

Then don’t.
Just keep playing BG for free. If enough players do that, Blizzard will see that a single bundle with Arena and BG perks is a bad idea, doesn’t sell much, and they’ll rethink their offerings.
On the other hand, if lots of players pay the $20 (or 1500 gold) for three arena and BG perks, then Blizzard will know they made the right decision.

Hey all!

I can tell having access to Battle Grounds is pretty important for you all, Happy to say Ixnay is correct here.

While getting the pre-order will give you all the perks, the same can be said for the Tavern Pass, which will be available for 2500 gold or the regional price on the store after the expansion goes live.

Hope this clears up any confusion!

You can check out more on our announcement.

With all due respect, this is some serious BS.

I don’t play standard yet still paid for tons of packs last expansion just to get the Battleground perks. Now you take those perks that I paid for away from me and expect me to dish out another 80 euros to get the perks that I PAID for back? You can’t take away something I already bought Blizzard.

it was clear that the perks would only last until the next expansion. I don’t remember where they wrote that, but they did.

so in other words, you didn’t buy the perks, but rather rented them.

other than that I agree on the BS front, but they gotta monetize the mode somehow and it’s still playable without the perks. if you don’t care about your mmr, then you have 0 difference anyway.

If they somewhere wrote that whatever you bought would go away after a few months, they sure did hide it well. They sure as hell didn’t say anything about it when I bought the packs.

Its just bs and I think this is the drop that finally makes me uninstall.

Unbelievable

no of course not because packs’ primary function is to give you cards.

I think it was shown when you clicked on the “perks” button in the BG section.

no they didnt. I hardly care for BG and often just overfly the news and even i got that

Welcome to Heartstone, where its not about SKILL but how deep your pockets are.

HS was always a terrible copy of the magic rewarding ONLY people who spent LOTS of cash or people with no life…

1 Like

As long as the BG pass includes the for me completely worthless arena tickets, I won’t buy it. And although I rarely ever play ranked, I’d prefer to have the old method of getting the perks, too, even if I’d have to buy/open 30 packs instead of the 25 I’d get for the 2,500 gold.

1 Like

I do also play Arena, so for me the battle pass comes at an effective cost of 1900 gold.
And frankly, I think that’s way too much for access to emotes (that I never use), stats (that I looked at maybe one or twice in the past months), and the competitive advantage of getting four instead of two heroes to choose from. So I won’t buy it, and spend my gold on other things. Such as packs.

However, I do feel that the difference between 2 or 4 heroes is big. When I play BG and get a good hero, or a fun one, I won’t mind. But when I get two bad choices, it will sting.
And over time, those small stings will add up.

I predict that my amount of time spent in BG will decrease over the near future. And I predict that the same will happen for many other players.

This is one of the most underhand and repulsive moves I have seen, even by Blizzard standards this is below scum tier. I was barely convinced to return to the game by battlegrounds, now I want to find an alternative game where the developers treat us as humans and not cash cows.

Epic Games in the last 3 weeks gave away for free GTA V, Civilization VI and The Borderlands Collection. Good luck getting 20 euros out of people for 2 more hero picks and then 20 more 3 months for now =))

Yet people pay thousands of euro’s to micro transaction games like Raid. Of course people will also pay 20 euro’s for something like this as well.

So Im not one to defend Blizz (anymore) but i bought it with Gold ive played Hearthstone for a few years now, and well you can just buy most things with gold do your quests do your 010s and you get enough gold , so far ive bought 1 pack with real money. Ive bought every expansion every adeventure with gold it just takes patience. Honestly a free to play game probably dont need to give us everything for free. It’s a option not a must