Covid-19 and and Battlegrounds

As the countries locking down one by one, people are running out of jobs and money, Blizard still asking us to preorder the expansion for nearly my electricity bill amount so I can have full access to the BGs.
We are a few steps away from a terrible recession and people won’t spend a stupid amount of money on unnecessary stuff.
Blizzard, revise your decision about pre-purchase, do the right thing.

10 Likes

Nice comment Valania :+1:

2 Likes

You can get the Tavern pass for 2500 gold after launch, costing you 0.

2 Likes

ok so I gotta say something about this:

1. You can still play battlegrounds even without the pre-purchase, the pre-purchase just gives you bonuses
  2. If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it. It’s not compulsory for you to buy it so if you can’t afford it don’t buy it.
  3. Don’t say “do the right thing” that makes people who go ahead and buy it seem like a horrible person, they’re not.
1 Like

Discriminating people and their game experience based on who can pay and who can’t pay is the worst thing to do, especially during such a hard for all of us times.

One of the worst things to come with the virus is depression and hopelessness. And for many people games will be the only way to escape from the madness their brain creates if left without distraction.

I’m not asking them to remove pre-purchase, but to make everybody experience the same gameplay regardless of if they paid or not when it comes to the BGs. It will give some people the psychological relief they need to overcome the harshness of their RL situations.

They may reward buyers some other way, like giving them free gameplay for other games or items.

Being kind to their customers during the pandemic may reward them in the future.

1 Like

Again, you can get it with 2500 gold after release (or pay whatever the $20 equivalent is), you don’t have to get the pre-purchase to get the full battleground.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply, appreciated, but 20 won’t give you the full BG experience, you will see two heroes as others will see 3 or 4.

No, $20 gets you everything. If you put in nothing you get 2 heroes to chose from.

3 Likes

Well he didnt descriminate anyone to begin with.

He said the truth, cant afford, dont buy.

Like i said i font mind your claim, as for now as a really extroverted Person, games and my online friends basicly keep me going becsuse im basicly isolated.

I fisagree a bit tough that the worst things are death and financial crisises and the economical crises we will get through the whole situation.

Also beeing kind to customers will always reward you.

But nobody said different to begin with

1 Like

does that mean that you won’t get the bg bonuses by buying packs?

Yes.

With so many people playing mainly BG it does make sense that they make it separate.

Personally I think I’m gona get the mega bundle, as good timing, the positive changes, reasonable relative value that should mean I can then get the random gold sink adventure they threw in whilst still crafting everything I want for at least a year without spending anything else.

On top of that, I’m happy to play BG with only 2 choices, so I won’t renew it when the time comes.

1 Like

oh, ok. now I’m really happy they added the dragons. otherwise I’d be pretty sad about that change :smiley:

Yeah it’s obviously bad but they do have to make money out of it some how.

It kinda seems like thdy didnt expect that hype tough…

or it was planned all along. it’s still a beta, so they linked the perks to pack purchases and I assume it’ll leave beta when the expansion drops and with that release comes the monetization.

or I’m wrong.

Is the loss of a game really worth to wish possible death to a complete team of people?

1 Like

They said its for free and now is it for money and cost too much for 3-4 month.

They never said it was for free.

1 Like

Maybe you did not listen when was launch BG

Also it’s still free.