Death Knight as playable hero

I was playing Hearthstone and I was wondering when we will get to play as Lich King or as Darion Mograine.That would be awesome.
The hero power would be interesting.Imagine spawning ghouls or other undead type of creature.
And I know there is Lich King as legendary card and Arthas as a paladin hero and do not forget about those legendary cards for each hero that makes them into undead.
Other hero could be Ner’zhul and Kel’Thuzad.
Well,this were my thoughts on a new playable class and hero.What do you think about this?I don’t say it’s a must,but it’s a good idea.

In the years hearthstone is live this suggestion has been made many times before and it is still not on their ‘’ to do’’ list.

The reason i think for it that it will take more work then is needed.

• They need to rework the unit interface on certain places
  • They need to add a lot of cards for the class ( they could just add a amount that is equal to the basic class cards and it’s collecttion will grow over each expansion )
  • They have a standard model to apply 135 cards each expansion distributed over all the classes so they need to make a decision to design more cards for each expansion or a little less class cards for each hero.
  • I dont know the underlying code structure but cards that discover other cards would also need a revamp to intergrate the new hero ( and there are a LOT of them )

For now the direction the game goes i assume they prefer to add more alternative gameplay modes like the battlegrounds and add variety to it by adding more cards with each expansion.

Adding a new hero to the original gameplay wouldnt add that much to it.
A new hero would still be a aggro / midrange / control deck but maybe they could introduce a different mechanic that makes the hero unique to play.

In short, i dont think they prioritize it and also the amount of suggestions to this idea on the forums is lacking but i could be wrong.

2 Likes

You got a point.I don’t search the forums of wow and hearthstone and this is my first post on a Blizz forum.This idea was in my mind while playing the game.I was thinking about “World of Warcraft:Wrath of the Lich King” and how in that expansion they added a new class with new abillities and gear.But you got a good point.They would really have to restructure the game if they have had added a new hero,but the idea of different mechanics for every hero would be more interesting.