Druids... really?

Dear Blizzard,

Did you even playtest your druid decks? No? You should have.

I’ve played 20 games today, 16 against Druids and 4 against other classes. Won 3 against other classes and lost a whooping 14 against druids.

So even if I have an 8 star bonus I’m barely progressing up the ranks at this point. Thanks for that, the new ranked mode overhaul is lovely by the way - I’m facing nothing except FotM net decks, turns out Druid is the flavour for now.

This is genuinely worse than the Demon Hunter last time. At least then I could figure out how to counter it with priest. This is just horrible. 95% of games they fill their board in one turn and have 9 mana on like turn 4-5.

13 Likes

blad link some of these druid decks… i wanna see them for research purposes not gonna play them or anything

I dont usually respond to these type of things since half the time it’s people overreacting but I have to agree with this one, I expected wild to be a mess as usual with super fast games where the opponent settles stuff by turn 4 but to have it in standard is just not fun, I cant even try out any fun decks in casual unless it’s against a non druid class, even when I finally survived long enough to get to 10 mana, the spell to give +4/+4 just guarantees the win when im just about to turn it around.
Or just have turn 1 board full of gibberlings that all got buffed to a 2/2, yes it’s a high roll but basically losing turn 1 should not be a thing unless the loser messed up their combo or draw for their otk deck

Well… at least the first Trolden to come out of Scholomance is 95% a “druids winning on turn 1-5” compilation. So hopefully it catches the eyes of the devs.

I agree that it’s okay/hard to avoid that amazing play when you pull the exact 5 cards from your 30 card deck to pull off something crazy - but with the current state of druid it really feels like they have so many different “nuts” to get as Thijs would put it.

One thing this expansion DID produce though… there’s a camaraderie in the youtube comments on that trolden video that I have just never seen before. xD I guess anguish really does unite.

1 Like

But hey for the sake of tradition lets hate on priest for having soo much gamebreaking stuff like… and…also there is…

1 Like

Played 20 matches hitherto. 19 of which were against the exact same type of druid, another OP deck that barely gives you a fair opportunity to make plays or win. I had to specifically design a deck that counters these druids by making a variant of a more old school res priest in order to actually stand a chance. And even then it’s down to RNG. Druids need to be nerfed, simple as.

1 Like

Totally agree. I just dont wanna play it anymore. I cant even play new cards, or try new strategies. And i dont even think, that simple changing if the cards cost will help it. Just there cards are broken. They have everything for free, like: drawing more cards, placing taunt minion, healing at least for 5 point for 1 mana, adding +1/+3 for zero mana, dealing 3 damage to any minion also for 0 mana, putting at least 3 big minions while u have only 4, or maximum 5 mana? Are u insane blizzard??? U just broke the game

Demon Hunter , Zoolock and Hunter destroy Druid play those decks. Also control type decks win Warrior is 1 with bomb draw the Druid is a bad match up. There are plenty of decks just run 1 or 2 silences its that damn easy.

Example minions which can not be target by spells is a suggestion.

I have 4 return cards in total, and a lot of destroying cards, BUT I CANT USE MORE THAN 1(MAXIMUM 2. U MUST BE VERY LUCKY TO BE ABLE TO DO IT MORE TIMES IN ONE MOVE) IN A MOVE, AND THERE ARE AT LEAST 2 OR 3 Of BIG ONES, JUST FOR ONE TURN. And even if u survive that, there is an +5/+5 card which u can play for 0 mana with help of wonderful legendery card 4/7. I dont know what are u talking about. U just cant keep killing minions with 12/20 for the whole game. And u cant win fast, if u are playing control deck. So what are u talking about???

Its called aggro decks most times you kill by turn 7. The decks are Zoolock , Hunter and Demon Hunter and you could include Face Rogue. There are plenty of examples to combat Druid just look it up or spend some time looking at your collection and design a Deck.

If your Lazy Firebat, Ecore, Kripp, Deckster, Rarran, Regis, Old Guardian are just a few I could list another 20 if you want.#

Use aggro? Maybe not everyone wants the game to be a thoughtless spam fest? The whole meta swinging to aggro to counter a specific op deck is not a solution… tbh even the deck isn’t op it is the single card. Survival of the fittest. Without it the ramp can be negated slightly. A card that buffs board, hand and deck. Dont think there has ever been one before? Now we know why…

Also like to point out as a class druid is currently op as aggro druid is also ridiculous… just lost a game to druid by turn 4… gibberer into coin into adorable on turn 1 followed by turn 2 dreamway followed by turn 3 blessing of ancients and then turn 4 power of the wild x2 for a full board of 3x 3/3, 2x 3/4, a 4/4 and a 5/5. And that is after I killed 2x 2/2 with shadow madness on turn 3… so now have a class that can ramp and kill with big minions by turn 5-7 or aggro with small minions and buff and kill you by turn 4-6. The same class… balanced and enjoyable gameplay!

Unfortunately, the same problem every season.

‘’ Did you even playtest your druid decks? No? You should have. ‘’
My opinion. No :slight_smile:
Suggestion,: Do not write in vain, does not change :slight_smile:
Nerf coming soon, wait a little :wink:

i got the druid to 1 health and he won, he healed a few times and then he got only choose 1 minions with taunt. he did an aoe heal which healed me 2 but i was already full health, and then the rng destroyed it and i got only trash. i working me 4zz off to get to silver but i only get players who play legendary dragons etc. this matchmaking is trash. how can we ever climb to legend? do we have to pay till we can create a deck full of legendary cards?

u are not player if u talking like that

No worries lads, the druid deck is out in the next rotation, which should hit in about s month, druids will become well yea, lets wait and see, I mean guff turn 5 seems pretty slow with no other ramp. Anyway there is a few decks that counters druid im currently 35-2 with shaman against druid free wins tbh.

Your “own libram” oh really so whats that deck juild around, hmm lemme guess, librams to buff minions must be really creative to build that one you guys talk about self constructed decks as 8f you are special for refusing to play the meta, guess what, you are a special kind indeed, but not the way you are thinking. I used to be a deck creator, and i still do adjust the meta decks to fit my play style, but trust me there is no such thing as “your own decks” the game is build as it is, the different decks are pretty straight forward, yes you can make a twist here and there, but all in all we will all end up with pretty much identical decks, so why spent the 100hours to build a deck from scratch, when i can net deck the meta and make a tweak on it in like 2 mins, I know how to spend my time in the game and how not to, deck crafting is expensive both in time and economy, just not worth it. Libram os a decent deck and nothin more that atm. And imo thats pretty fair after the “wasnt me” seasons, buff paladin is pretty strong right now though

What’s that supposed to mean?

No, seriously, I have no idea how I should be interpreting that sentence you made.

A blind child can balance this garbage way way better than these “Devs”