Easier tracking for certain Achievements

A suggestion: for all achievements that require you to get something for several or all different classes, it would be nice if a visual reminder of all the classes you’d already done was included.

For instance, the Creepy Painting achievement requires you to turn the painting into minions of 10 different classes. This only counts the different classes, but doesn’t show which ones you did.

Yeah I brute force most of those achievements early just so I don’t get stuck not knowing what I’ve got left. Although with creepy painting I just put it in all 10 of my achievement decks and removed it forms the ones I got.

1 Like

Ah, I see.
What I did was build a Maestra Thief Rogue deck with Creepy Paintings and a bunch of cheap removals. But it’s taking longer than I had anticipated.

You can do it real quick if you brute force it. Just get a class rush minion to trade in when you play it for all 10 classes (plus run double broom for even more outs). If your lucky you might get the opponents class as well if the chance comes up. Just take note that if both minions die simultaneously then it’s random which one the painting changes it, so might have to purposely make a bad attack.

I can imagine trying it with 1 class, even thieving could take a while/would be easy to lose track.

1 Like

Thanks!

From what I’ve read, in case of an equal trade, Creepy Painting will transform into the oldest minion on the board, that is, the one that was summoned first.

The same principle is apparently applied to all similar instances in Hearthstone, where death order is important.

I’m also trying the Sinfueled Golem trophy. I’m thinking perhaps running Big Fatigue/Control Warrior with Insatiable Devourers or maybe Paladin for this one.

Anyhow, achievement hunting is fun! I’ve done most of them already.

When I did it, it was definitely random e.g. I’d trade my rush minion and could get either even though my minion was obviously the newest (your right about that’s how it works with other things like deathrattle triggers with AoEs). Maybe it got patched, as I did do it shortly after release.

I did that one with a priest deck that only ran minions that were 6/6 or bigger. Ironically shortly after I got it, I actually would have got it again from and insatiable devourer and I had the other one in hand uninfused so they killed the 20/20+ and I played a 40/40+ version straight after, so that strat definitely can work :smile:

Yeah the achievements are fun, outside the really grindy ones (150 ghosts with Rogue ain’t happening quickly :smile:). I got the Warlock draw 7 cards with Impending catastrophe even though I don’t own the card cause I used the minion that lets you discover a spell not in your deck. Typically I ignore the ones where I don’t own the card but that seemed doable as it’s a one off where I could hugely mitigate the rng needed by running nearly 1 of every type of spell (several of which summon imps to help get the 7 on board).