Elementals ruined Battlegrounds

Heartstone BATTLEGROUNDS:

Since you put in elementals in this game mode, you literally can only win if you play on elementals. EVERY OTHER minion tactic will literally lose you the game as soon as you come up against someone who uses elementals, you broke this game mode…

To make it even worse you buffed elementals the patch after implementing them in the game…like WTF?

please do something with this, it has taken all the fun out of the entire game mode

7 Likes

i get you cuz but what can manz do ??!!!?!?!?!

still beat really powerful elementals with poison fairly often and i have lost a few times vs pirates and dragons , but its defo easy to build an ele board

It took all diversity out of the game. Everyone is just rushing elementals…You can’t even build a fun setup anymore, cause all the elementals destroy you with their massive +stats. Trash 5 of your 7 minions on 1 taunted minion and take 15 dmg after just a few turns…

You guys at bliz couldn’t come up with anything good anymore, so you just statbomb the duck* out new classes? There’s no tactic required, just pick elementals and grow grow grow. I get that new has to be exciting, but keep it realistic.

*censored for the sake of good behavior.

I defeated elementals with Murlocs many times mainly due to poison (not always but with at least with some reasonable consistency). I think this is the only tribe that can consistently beat them.

I also had few successes with beasts/death rattle but it required a bit of luck getting the right cards at the end.

Other decks are completely helpless vs elementals unless you get extremely lucky or they get unlucky (overpowered or not, you still need RNG to play in your favor even if you play elementals).

So yes, elementals need a nerf and yes, they do ruin the fun of the game a bit.

You’re absoloutly right Sjoerda. I share your oppinion. Elementals are far too overpowered and its only a matter of time during a game, when you get crushed by a “crackling cyclone” that is insanely buffed by the “party-elemental” and “majordomo”. Your own minions fall apart at the molten rock wall. It’s always the same boring elemental built. Of course there are exeptions but they are very rare. Something needs to be done with this!!!

Absolutely agree.
If the elementals are bound to stay that way, bring back gentle megasaur. At least give us 2 options of endgame cheese tactics.

Well if murlocs beat them consistently, then why more or less out of the last 30 games I’ve played, Elementals have won literally every game?

I know I can’t watch the end games, but when you’re getting knocked out and you see everyone who wasn’t playing were consistently dropping hp after a certain moment. When I played elementals, the majority of the boards I had, you would never beat with murlocs.

Probably you’d pick up that 1/1 poison minion along with your murlocs. That would instantly cost you 1 or 2 minions from your board against unstable ghoul. Also it would cost all your murlocs divine shield and since they have no deathrattle summon, you’re never going to win.

They do not beat them consistently. It is 50:50 most of the time and not because murlocs cant but because they are much slower and tough to highroll. You have only one murloc that discovers murlocs and need bran to make it decent.

Even with a very good murloc board, they still won’t stand a chance. In case your board’s got several Divine Shield, it takes 1 Unstable Ghoul to take that off.

Murlocs haven’t got deathrattle summons and average end game Elementals have minions strong enough to instantly kill murlocs. Possibly you could manage it if you take your opponent’s hp down in the 1st round when you’re 1v1.

After that there are too many Elementals that add Elementals either to the tavern or to hand and too many that boost to both board as to tavern minions for playing them. So you can endlessly keep on selling them and get stronger ones in return…

The point of each tribe is to be viable at any stage of the game but to excel at certain points, ie, the OG murloc way of playing, strong opener, weaker in the midgame, and then compensate with megasaur divine shield/ poisonous in the endgame.
Elementals I feel dont have these weaknesses, with molten rock and party elemental proving a big taunt to soak damage and party elemental buffs, in the midgame both crackling cyclone and stasis elemental are very strong, providing double hits and extra elementals respectively, moving to the endgame, Nomi provides insane bonuses if he can be obtained early enough (ive seen Renos with a gold Nomi by 8 gold) and the Djinni to provide even more elementals to synergise with both lil rag and Nomi.
In total, elementals are almost unmatched in each section of the game, which is more than likely the reason people are complaining about their strength

100% agree. I loved battlegrounds and this has completely ruined it for me

love the elemental build but there far to strong in each phase of the game and only poor RNG beats them , which if im honest must have been addressed recently because i hardly ever find a party elemental now naturally and its become really had to triple the molten rock so i think the devs have reduced the numbers in the open card pool without broadcasting thats what they have done

Pure Nonsense. Every minion type in BG has the potential to get very big. Now you can even combo mix minion types to do the same thing. If you arent succeeding against elementals then you are probably not understanding them which means you havent played them.

agree aswell. nerf needed

BG is pure RNG. Luck vs. luck. That is all there is to it. You can be a strategic mastermind, but without deathrattle dude you will not succeed with beasts, if you do not have windfury moron-elementals, you will probably loose again with ele. It is about choosing the right faction that the game feels like offering to you and get lucky to ALSO get the factions key minions.

I have had great boards of mechs, but no bubble bots, I got really lucky with murlocs - no Brann = loses.

There is a huge gap that annoys me about battlegrounds. Lucky vs. unlucky. Nothing to do with skill. You get your 2-3 triples right and it is smooth sailing to top 4. You get a bit of RNG luck at the end - easy win.

…rez a topic that was before the reroll elemental got added and made them good again. I expect it to get nerfed and then once again elementals will be weak like they were for the 6 months this topic laid dormant.

Every time they introduce a new tribe, it tramples all the other ones - e. g. introduction of dragons (which are currently quite weak as they are very hard to gather - dunno why tho), elementals, quilboars…

And I do not really feel that there are vast differences between tribes, there are large differences in how lucky people can get - and that makes that impression that a tribe is OP, when the only OP thing is that persons rabbit foot or whatever voodoo they use…

Certain tribes are stronger with certain heroes, of course.

For instance, it’s hard to lose with Shudderwock and Murlocs. Ditto for Fungalmancer Flurgl.

OFC, but it is very well possible to loose with Patches (no pirates offered in the Tavern - been there, done that) or Flurgl (no Brann - you loose midgame).

Tbh, heroes in the tavern are definitely not created equal in general. Tribal heroes are a loose cannon - and we are back to RNG. If it goes in your favour, you will probably win with one arm tied behind your back.