Goodbye Hearthstone

After 7 years of play, it’s been a crazy ride but I think the time has finally come for me to check out.

I don’t like what’s happened to the game. More and more microtransactions. Higher and higher prices. More and more game modes and even 2(!) extra games bundled into the same client. I don’t care about new modes and games, I loved the original game.

Then we have the game itself. What started as deceptively simple, insanely fun has now become a little bit too complicated and honestly not so fun. Particularly the deckbuilding aspect, which I was never too fussed about. I enjoyed playing decks, not theorycrafting decks.

Thanks for the good times, good memories and gg’s.

Peace.

3 Likes

That’s fair. The one think I will say is that the basic standard game is WAY cheaper than it used to be (still expensive!). Just by adding the no duplicate rules throughout the years they cut the price by half, plus it takes less effort to get more free stuff now i.e. you just have to play not win.

Everything is fair and a reasonable reason to leave if you’re not feeling it anymore.

1 Like

Yeah the no duplicate rules and the legendary pity timer were very welcome additions. It’s not really so much the cost that’s the issue for me it’s more the principle. Looking for more and more from a playerbase that’s already paying a relatively large amount of money to play your game.

I also like that they added the option to purchase the mini sets with in game currency. Although I think releasing a full set AND a mini set every expansion might have been overkill.

Definitely the right decision, ‘’’ Then we have the game itself. What started as deceptively simple, insanely fun has now become a little bit too complicated and honestly not so fun. ‘’’’
Bravo.

1 Like